What sports do you watch, take part in and follow?

madmonk

Being a tall guy (6'5") I could naturally keep a pretty steady pace without alot of effort. (that and 4-6 hours in the pool every day helped) a couple years back I told myself I was going to get back into it and try and join a masters team...but after a few months I remembered how much work it was! Haven't swam laps since! I wonder if I use the old style backstroke turns or the new ones? Never knew there was more than one way!

I didn't keep current on my WSI but do still have friends ask me to teach thier kids. From what I gather kids are still being taught using the same techniques I used back in the mid 90's

I too can go on and on about my swimming past! (my wife likes to remind me of this) Anytime you wanna talk swimming hit me up! :D

One of these days I just may try and get another workout in..I think about it everynight we walk Cj. We walk down around the Olympic Oval and there is a real nice community fitness and aquatic center there too!

I'd say if you taught in the mid 90's then you swam before then, then you do the old style turtle on its back type backstroke turn, and now they get to turn over and do one stoke and do a freestyle flip turn! It's cheating I say! I'm pretty stubborn on this, as I was pulled out of the pull when I was a teen to teach the kids under 8yrs how to do flip turns for backstroke, I had a knack for it;).

I will certainly hit you up to chat on swimming! another little funny thing that happened tonight was I tried to do one lap, yes only 1! of butterfly, and I got to the end of the pool, and stopped and held on tight and said aloud, "oh hell no!" I knew I was out of shape, but that one lap almost killed me. The Master's team will have to wait another few years before I can do more than an hour in the pool, but I dream of how nice it would be to handle a workout with other people.

My hubby is supportive and takes all I can give every 4 years during the Olympics, but any other time he waits as patiently as he can, and then says "okay, I've heard it all before, are you done yet?"

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say if you taught in the mid 90's then you swam before then, then you do the old style turtle on its back type backstroke turn, and now they get to turn over and do one stoke and do a freestyle flip turn! It's cheating I say! I'm pretty stubborn on this, as I was pulled out of the pull when I was a teen to teach the kids under 8yrs how to do flip turns for backstroke, I had a knack for it;).

I will certainly hit you up to chat on swimming! another little funny thing that happened tonight was I tried to do one lap, yes only 1! of butterfly, and I got to the end of the pool, and stopped and held on tight and said aloud, "oh hell no!" I knew I was out of shape, but that one lap almost killed me. The Master's team will have to wait another few years before I can do more than an hour in the pool, but I dream of how nice it would be to handle a workout with other people.

My hubby is supportive and takes all I can give every 4 years during the Olympics, but any other time he waits as patiently as he can, and then says "okay, I've heard it all before, are you done yet?"

I think I do the one freestlye pull then flip! :S

woohooo love talking swimming! Fly no way...I doubt I could even do one length of fly right now!

Your hubby sounds alot like my wife....yeah yeah yeah heard this story a million times! :rolleyes:

I swam in school and progressed to the regionals and then swam and dived for a club until I was 17. I played provincial netball until I was 30. I also ran cross country. Nowadays, nothing much.

I love athletics and watch that on TV, unfortunately we don't see much swimming on TV, except for the Olympics. I then have to wait another 4 years to see these amazing athletes in action :(

I don't watch any sport where people are paid obscene amounts of money (each to their own) I prefer to watch people perform for the love and glory of the sport itself.

I swam in school and progressed to the regionals and then swam and dived for a club until I was 17. I played provincial netball until I was 30. I also ran cross country. Nowadays, nothing much.

I love athletics and watch that on TV, unfortunately we don't see much swimming on TV, except for the Olympics. I then have to wait another 4 years to see these amazing athletes in action :(

I don't watch any sport where people are paid obscene amounts of money (each to their own) I prefer to watch people perform for the love and glory of the sport itself.

Alright another swimmer! :D