Hi do any members have a wolf x

Removed #3

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are we allowed wolf/wolf x in the uk?

I'm not sure, check online for the law on that. Should be under 'dangerous dogs' or 'wild animals' or something. I know that, in Canada, its legal to own a wolf-dog as long as you have a permit for it. I'm not sure about an actual wolf, though...

Typically pure wolves are not legal to own unless you have a zoological permit and they are not allowed to leave their enclosures. They are not pets.

These are my boys-

post-6615-13586056405763_thumb.jpg

I do not know exact % of content, as the only way to be certain is to have a nuclear DNA test run on them and that test only costs $3000....

post-6615-13586056398666_thumb.jpg

post-6615-13586056402472_thumb.jpg

There is a someone here who breeds wolf x . I believe she has timber wolf x and tundra wolf x and she will either breed both crosses or will breed with her white gsd. She has a permit to own and apparently they are registered to breed :P I have never come across any of her dogs tho

post-5415-13586056459696_thumb.jpg

The one on the rock is the tundra x and the one on the ground is the timber x

post-5415-13586056460239_thumb.jpg

post-5415-13586056460945_thumb.jpg

They are ALWAYS advertising litters and they always have 3 dogs and only one is male sooooo yeee

not to put a damper on the subject; but I think breeding wolf crosses is ridiculous & should not be done, as beautiful as the dogs are, wolves and domestic dogs are very much different.. not to add to potential health risks for the dog, it's just as bad as cross breeding as it is.. just shouldn't be done! Not meaning to be a kill joy lol.. Just an added opinion :)

not to put a damper on the subject; but I think breeding wolf crosses is ridiculous & should not be done, as beautiful as the dogs are, wolves and domestic dogs are very much different.. not to add to potential health risks for the dog, it's just as bad as cross breeding as it is.. just shouldn't be done! Not meaning to be a kill joy lol.. Just an added opinion :)

I happen to agree, though I have 3 of my own all of mine were from rescue found in situations they needed to get out of badly. I do not endorse nor support the purposeful breeding of these dogs...though I do believe in the right environment they can thrive and be wonderful additions to such an environment I do not believe they are for everyone and should not be taken on without extreme knowledge, respect, and understanding for what they are. These dogs are being banned all over the US, and it's only irresponsible people that are to blame.

I happen to agree, though I have 3 of my own all of mine were from rescue found in situations they needed to get out of badly. I do not endorse nor support the purposeful breeding of these dogs...though I do believe in the right environment they can thrive and be wonderful additions to such an environment I do not believe they are for everyone and should not be taken on without extreme knowledge, respect, and understanding for what they are. These dogs are being banned all over the US, and it's only irresponsible people that are to blame.

That's exactly the type of point i was going for! :) you just explained it a lot better lol they are an incredibly beautiful & fascinating animal; and well done for giving your three a forever loving home! I'm completely for rescuing them! Just when people decide they will breed them because it's "cool" or for profit. Such a shame on the animals as they will likely end up in a home where the owners have no idea what they are getting into.

Typically pure wolves are not legal to own unless you have a zoological permit and they are not allowed to leave their enclosures. They are not pets.

These are my boys-

[ATTACH]50947[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]50948[/ATTACH][ATTACH]50949[/ATTACH]

I do not know exact % of content, as the only way to be certain is to have a nuclear DNA test run on them and that test only costs $3000....

Such beautiful example of wolf x.

i would love to hear a wild wolf howl one day. not the ones on tv but in person in the wild...ok giving up now...i know what i mean lol

Such beautiful example of wolf x.

i would love to hear a wild wolf howl one day. not the ones on tv but in person in the wild...ok giving up now...i know what i mean lol

ive heard wolf crosses in the morning, trust me not a great sound at 6 or 7 am!

I went to shaun ellis a few years back to do his wolf management courses and to volunteer help after ,we used to have people come for a 'howl in' at night we would howl an the pack would howl back...it was amazing.. sure he still does stuff,he is near barnstable...