Eating Socks

LittleLuka

well yesterday morning i gave luka his breakfast like usual and five minutes later i see he has puked. very odd for him since he's never thrown up... what do i see? A SOCK.

he's never eaten socks before and i assumed he didn't mean to eat it. I knew he had thrown it up so i wasn't worried.

Later that day (around evening time) I see Luka with another sock. Mind you, i have NO idea where he is finding these because i don't leave anything laying around. just in case because my parent's lab used to eat socks and underwear. i took after him to retrieve it and like usual he takes off under the bed. i start crawling under there to get him and he looks at me with his little evil look and swallows the sock.

Obviously, i'm freaking out. Our vet is closed due to it being 4th of July. I'm about to call the emergency vet and spend God knows how much money for one measly little sock. Anyways I decided on giving him 2 tspns of 3% hydrogen peroxide and after a couple of minutes up came the sock. So relieved. Of course now he's fine and back to doing naughty things. :groan:

Bandit is a little mischief for eating things he shouldnt so we have to be careful about leaving things! Of course he waits until you have gone before he goes for it! Luckily no trips to vets have been needed, he has always managed to pass it or throw it up. He did have a sock once before which he didnt pass for a while so I called our vet and as I called the vet, out came the sock!

Kaiser used to do this, Run up to my room get the socks come down look at me run back up and wait for me to go get him, and when i got near him he would swallow them, but he always pooped them back out a day or 2 later :)

Ahhhh the pleasures of owning a puppy... I remember we had a few sock scares when ours was a puppy, but after the first one we just have up going to the vet and just made sure we always had some hydrogen peroxide in the house. He did stop eating socks at some point... but I am still a bit paranoid if I can't find a sock I've left around, can't help wondering whether he ate it or not till I find it and feel so relieved he's not doing that anymore nowadays.

Storm will chew on our socks and undies, but he doesn't eat them thank god. I've found that he will chew on things with our (my g/f and i's scent on them because he likes the scent and likes being around us. so. i've devised a trick. my plan (tell me if i'm silly or not) i'm buying a few toys for him but not giving them to him yet. I was going to keep them in our bed and when we sleep, our scent will, over time, get out scent on them and he'll love them. good idea? lol

Oh no! Ice used to eat everything and anything he could find. It wasn't as simple as removing small objects as he would just rip chunks out of large ones instead like my wooden shoe rack! He's nine months now and is getting a lot better at not swallowing everything in sight. Not perfect but definately better!

Freya eats socks and pretty much anything else she can get her teeth into! She's always thrown them up though, and items that don't get thrown back up pass through. Still a big worry though, having to majorly puppy proof the house!