Thank you for the not so best 4th of july

Christine0925

Ok- so I have to get this off my chest because it is sooo annoying and really pisses mf!!! My husband and I moved into a new house and we decided to have our first foruth of july party. We have socialized meeka since 8 weeks old an pd she is lovely meeting new people on walks etc. My husband and I are also very mellow chill people so meeka is never really worked up or super hyper (unless she's swimming :)

Well my family was all good she was very welcoming to them, and then people started coming In the house without knocking and she started huffing about it. You could tell she was uneasy about people just walking in so she would sniff them an d then she was good.

She is usually not a very attached dog and hardly ever vocal but everytime I was out of eye sight she would bark and bark and bark so it was hard to entertain while she's on her lead so I would give her some breaks and naps in her crate which worked well and then she finally got used to everyone and was lounging around on her back asking for belly rubs from the kids etc.

Well then one of my husbands fellow co workers thought it would be funny to get her riled up by startiher playing rough dodging real fast and she started barking at him and then he would stomp forward and she would run away then come back and bark again, well once that was over she started stealing food from people!! I mean like literally stealing food from the kids, jumping onpeople, mouthing them when they pet her, jumping on the kids just overall being a bit unruly. She is 5 months so she's still a pup but grrrr wow that really peeves me off!!! I spend so much time training her good manners and ina snap there gone and kids are screaming and crying saying bad meeka bad dog and it broke my heart:(:(

/end rant! Thank you!

Yeah I gave him a good earful- what the heck is wrong with people? She's a puppy why get her going like that??? I'm not sure if its set her back with people I do know she's very happy to have everyone out of our house but that makes me sad bc I want her to love people and ecourage large crowds, but it seems she doesn't want them in HER house.

What's with the huffing?? I never saw that before

Yeah I gave him a good earful- what the heck is wrong with people? She's a puppy why get her going like that??? I'm not sure if its set her back with people I do know she's very happy to have everyone out of our house but that makes me sad bc I want her to love people and ecourage large crowds, but it seems she doesn't want them in HER house.

What's with the huffing?? I never saw that before

Mine huff when they are fed up , if she's not used 2 a lot ov people around it might have been a sign of stress ,, with having lots ov people round I'd start off small n gradually over time increase how many people you have over ,,

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

Ryn huffs when she is particularly annoyed at something that she has no control over and to which she hasn't a dealt with before.

Usually when it happens if I can slow things down and help her adjust, she'll stop. Nothing really to be worried about (at least in Ryn's case). It is just one of her ways of communicating that she is concerned about what is happening.

Thanks for explaining that to me, I never heard my baby huff at people before, and then once she got to sniff them she stopped and was better. When people knock she is super happy to see whoever it is, but when they just walk in she starts huffing and barking/howling at them.

Do I have a watchdog husky? say it isn't so!! :)

Yep I agree with Nix, a complete plonker. Don't be afraid to take control of the situation. Your dog your rules. And on this occasion your house. A simple, I'm sorry but this puppy is in training and excitable behaviour is not part of it, thank you :)

The nicer you say it, the more idiotic the person will appear plus the nicer you are, they can't accuse you of being difficult. Which is even better because most plonkers still will try and do a great job of making themselves look even worse. Because whatever they say, you just repeat, but excitable behaviour is still not part of the training.

It was really hard to see her act so hyper and excited and unruly esp since she's not like that! She's a little lazy love and has such great manners. Well after that all bets where off as she's jumping mouthing and barking. And people telling me " your dog needs more training" NO, YOU need more training you idiots!!

It was really hard to see her act so hyper and excited and unruly esp since she's not like that! She's a little lazy love and has such great manners. Well after that all bets where off as she's jumping mouthing and barking. And people telling me " your dog needs more training" NO, YOU need more training you idiots!!

That's the worse! People winding ur dog up they moaning bout having a hyper dog jumping around

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

awww im sorry! people are so stupid sometimes! next time don't tolerate that moron's behavior. she's a good girl. :)

Thank you for this :) that's the frustrating part- I know she's a good dog and I hate that people had the nerve to tell me that she's badly behaved and also reminded me that huskies are on the 'aggressive dogs list'. Ugh!