Show Coats

Since I'm new to the whole showing bit I was wondering how I would groom Marius for show. Usually I would just bathe him and blow dry him fluffy but obviously it doesn't stay that way and I saw on coat conditioning video that made it look a more complicated :P Pictures would help...or videos :P

This is the video I watched (was the only one I could find)

http://youtu.be/dQDyhtB6U7M

Grooming a Siberian for show is NOT as complicated as other breeds. It is basically as you describe, a good bathing use a quality whitening shampoo on the whites (Ivory bar soap or Dawn if they are really bad), and a quality shampoo for the rest of the body. Blow dry all the hair up or 'fluffy'. NO CONDITIONER!!! The proper coat needs to have some coarseness to it, conditioner can mask that and make the coat feel too plush. For the feet, trim all the hair to pad level or a bit lower. Make sure the nails are properly trimmed or dremmeled to allow the foot to hold it's ball shape/appearance. When readying for the ring brush all the leg hair up with a slicker, you can use Cholesterol (A grooming product not a cooking product) to hold it in place and brush on some chalk over that to 'bulk' up the appearance of the leg if you have a fine boned dog. Beyond that they don't need anything fancy.