13 Dobermans - Fighting to survive after being left to die

lovemysiberian

Although I have a new full time job, I am still lurking around the Humane Society, walking dogs here & there (miss them!), worked there last Sunday, and my manager contacted me this week asking if I could come in tommorow as an extra pair of hands.. for this reason, it was the front page of the newspaper on Thursday. SICK! Apparently, the only way for survival was eating feces. So, I'll more than likely be seeing them tommorow & helping out.

WARNING: the 2nd and 3rd link has pictures of the dogs, they're very emaciated and look in rough condition.

http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2012307050001

This one has a video:

Fighting to Survive After Being Left to Die | WBNG-TV: News, Sports and Weather Binghamton, New York | Local

This is an update story:

Update: Conklin Dogs are on the Road to Recovery | WBNG-TV: News, Sports and Weather Binghamton, New York | Local

I got to see them this past Sunday - by the time I got there, they were all cleaned up, so looking better than they initially did, but still very emaciated. It's amazing how sweet they are, a couple of them are stand-offish (understandable, given what they'd been through and being in a cage somewhere new), but most of them were wiggling their little butts when I'd come up to the cage and licking my hand.. they seem grateful and it looks like they are going to be ok, it will just be a long road to recovery!