Not a Sibe

Diarmuid

I was walking down the road yesterday with Kobe and some man was walking his dog stopped to talk to me and look at how handsome kobe is.

Then he shocked me by telling me that he is not a real sibe because he was not bi-eyed, when i told him that he was wrong that they can have the same colour eyes, he refused to accept that he was wrong. He really annoyed me trying to tell me that i dont know my own dog, so instead of lashing out, i just kept on walking

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats funny because i always get " he's not a husky because he has two different colour eyes" weird huh? i also get everyday" LOOK MA, THAT DOG HAS 2 DIFFERENT EYES" wich is quite annoying after the 1st 26 times of hearing it

Some people are worth trying to educate, and there are some who are not. I will spend hours with the former, not a second with the latter.

Sent from HTC with Tapatalk2

I've had people tell me matter of factly that dogs with blue eyes are blind, my dog can't be a Siberian because she isn't black/white, I was asked by a Petsmart groomer how much wolf my AKC Siberian is, can't wait to learn what people think of my bi-parti-eyed girl ROFL

Some people can't accept being wrong. One lady told me that if I don't let Ghost off leash and have him close to me all the time he won't learn to stay close to me. If only she knew...

Other than that I enjoy overhearing people trying to figure out Ghost's breed. :D

I think ignorance is taking over the world lol

I agree, it is!

I've had the comment about Alice years ago, "but don't huskies have blue eyes, do you think she has wolf in her?"

Also "Is that a wolf?" I'm sure everyone has had that one.

But Huskies being bi-eye only...come on people, yup, just keeping walking:monkeydance:

Thanks for preparing me! Theres alot of close mindedness where im from too. The moment i hear any of the above statements im just going to tell them "You're wrong. Google it!" Afterall, there is no arguing with the almighty Google lol.

With Ryn being bi-eyed, I get a lot of "OH! Look, she has two eyes! That means she is very rare. You are so lucky to have found her."

My responses vary, of course. If I've had a bad day, I'm apt to say, "OMG, she has two eyes?! I purchased her with the understanding she would only have one."

But most days I just laugh and go through the entire explaination........better to have raised their intelligence slightly than to allow them to continue to be ignorant, I guess.

I get - "He can't be a husky because he doesn't have blue eyes."

and this conversation:

Stupid: "He's a wolf"

Me: "No, he's a purebred Siberian Husky"

Stupid: "But, he looks like a wolf. And he's got wolf eyes. So he's part wolf."

Me: "Nope, he's a purebred Siberian Husky"

Stupid:"Are you sure? I think he's a wolf"

At which point I walk away shaking my head.. :S

I've had the following:

Your dog is blind because it has blue eyes!

Your dog is evil becuase it has blue eyes!

It can't be a sibe its the wrong colour!

Oh me too lol. Coz angels an unusual looking one, i get what breed is she. A siberian husky i say. Oh really. Are you sure??