Not a Sibe

Diarmuid

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once had someone tell me kai wasnt a husky becasue he didnt have blue eyes and apparantely all huskies have blue eyes! I was also told it was inconsiderate of me to have a wolf walking around where there are children and i was like what? seiously what are you on??? oh the , oh yes and another one, someone once told me that i shoudl let him off lead and when i tried to explain that thats not a wise idea for a husky, he told me 'oh well he obviously doesnt know whose in charge otherwise he stay by you all the time?' I nearly blew my fuse at this point and pointed out to him that rather than giving me advice hed probably want to go and get his own dog out of the rubbish bag he was rummaging through lol x

I can so relate! I've had people insist that Sarah can NOT be an AKC Sibe because she isn't black and white. I've had full-grown men take one look at her and walk far around us while muttering about a dangerous dog.

Maybe one of the best: My son was in seventh grade when we got Sarah. She and I picked him up from school and usually arrived early to do some training, and one day a gaggle of boys leaving a classroom saw her and insisted that she's a wolf. I told them every day for two weeks that she is NOT a wolf. When my son found out about it he responded, "Mooooooom, if they want to think I live with a wolf, LET THEM!"

Moms are so uncool. ;) How could I miss the cool factor of his classmates thinking he owns a wolf?? Sheesh, teenagers!

When I get dumb comments I react depending on my mood at that moment. Sometimes I try to educate, sometimes I shrug and ignore, and sometimes I warn the idiot that Sarah doesn't like dumbnuts. ;)

Wills gets mistaken for a wolf all the time, whenever I go for walks with him people are always crossing over to walk on the other side of the street or they walk around us in a really big loop.

I think it's ridiculous. Wills is like the biggest baby, honestly if they saw him at home and how he comes up to cuddle, he'd lose all his street cred in an instant.

And I've also had the 'bi eyed' comment before too, apparently that means he's not a real husky and something went wrong with his genetics.

Seriously people, Wills is a pure Siberian Husky who is bi-eyed.

WHat an idiot that guy is. Nothing is more annoying than those on street strangers trying to spit their uniformed DOGma!

EVERYONE, adults and children always accuse My Xeyna of being a wolf. And She has been accused of being a Samoyed and have actually argued with me.

So I'm like, would you like to see her AKG papers...I have them here LOL

ANyway. You did well by walking away. SOmetimes, I just cannot walk away.

This is ridiculous. All dogs have blue eyes. If it doesn't it's a rat or demonwolfdog. K -_-

\end sarcasm

I walked Jelly at the track the other day and this little girl was walking towards me and was like, "LOOK AT THAT DOG MOMMY!" And the mom was like pulling her daughter away saying she's dangerous.

Really now ;-; . I kind of just laugh out loud or scoff and keep walking. :x. A lot of parents keep their children away from Jelly though lol. Probably because Jelly's jumping and pulling to go see them -- must be mistaking her being excited to see people as she wants to eat children. Yum.

Gotta love people in this world. Its so crazy how many people know nothing about the Siberian Husky breed.

We too have had people ask us if Gunner, our red/white, is a husky because "ive never seen or known that huskys come in that color, i thought it was only black/white". Or "why does one of yours have blue eyes, and the other has hazel eyes".

We too try to educate them alittle, but most of them are just not worth the time.

what I really, really, REALLY hate is when people tell their children that huskies are dangerous :@ people thought Dime's not a husky because he's a wooly? That's fine, it's not like everyone knows this breed. People thought Dime is a mixed breed? That's fine, huskies are quite rare here so they don't know what kind of creature he is. People asked me if Diamond bites? That's... *takes a deep breath* fine, I know he looks devilish and I'm always (okay, most of the time) happy to explain. But if people walked away, pulled their children to the sides and told them huskies are dangerous as if I can't hear them, it is NOT fine >__< btw recently I found a rubbish article that says huskies are dangerous and "you might want to steer clear from them" :S I was like "whaaaaaaat?" jeez people's stupidity can't be expressed in words!

I get that all the time with Hannah. people think she is a German sheperd all the time. i tell them she is a siberian husky and they say oh she must be a mix. when Alexis was alive they would ask if she was a wolf hybrid mix.

Yeah I usually get that hes a wolf or part wolf or blind because of his blue eyes or when he was a puppy some people thought he was a fox? Or people think hes going to eat them OR people will make comments about how he wants to eat smaller dogs...really? He plays with my moms chihuahua just fine heck he even plays with one of my cats

• 5 weeks later...

I have gotten from my family when they met Ginger that she is not a purebred because her eyes are the wrong color, they are hazel they believe all sibes have blue eyes. A friend of mine said she is not a sibe because she is red & white not grey or black & white.

post-8372-1358606780809_thumb.jpg

Edited by ExplorerChick

I hear that sort of thing.... I get the 'where's the sled' quoted at me a lot.

Raya has been referred to as a fox and yesterday an Akita !

People come up to me and say 'Your dog is sick man...' - I like to respond with.. 'No, she went to the vet on Monday thanks!' - then I wink and walk off. ;)

i get a few comments about "your dogs a wolf" an just now its "why dont you attach the wolf to the pram you can get there quicker" now i know loki is wolf colours but really???? everyone says it!!! an they are goin to steal my dog cause he is stunning!! hmmmm i dont think so lol xx

• 2 weeks later...

It makes me laugh reading how dumb people can be (i thought we were supposed to be an intelligent species(please excuse my spelling))...... I have decided that, from what i have read, when i get my furball and someone decides to make a dumb comment i will just make one back either about them or their dog (started this yesterday)...... xxx

Right click, save as, print this out, and make copies to hand out. When someone attempts to say anything and you can tell it will be ignorant, hand them this and keep walking.

[ATTACH]51605[/ATTACH]

totally agree this is a good one printed this out for the future.

Thanks

I remember going to a husky meet and one of the people there said Marakai was an Alaskan malamute ..nothing wrong with them but I know for a fact he's a Siberian husky..

the other day someone asked me if storm was an akita!!!! ummmm no i said hes a husky x german shepherd. ive also had malamute, lion, wolf

I was over at the Casa de Cultura also known as the Crisis Center / Computer House / distribution place - you name it. While I was there with Sasha this fellow comes in with his two kids, let's say 2ish and 5ish, the older boy tells his dad to look at the wolf. Well, okay, he probably isn't old enough to know the difference and I said "No, she's a Husky." Then the little one reaches out and pets her on the head while I'm doing "Oh shit!", I wasn't too sure how she'd react to little kids so had her on a tight leash - little kid had NO fear. He then says "wuf!" (wolf?) and his dad says "No, husky!" reaches down to let her sniff and she backs off!!

The littlest kid she had no problem with at all, even though he was a bit rough with her; Dad on the other hand ....

We really do need to get some more socialization going, but first we gotta find some people to socialize with!!

With Eponine I get

• She's a wolf
  • Viscious dog
  • How old is she (Eponine is now around five years old), this is promptly followed by dispbelief that she's older than Fox

With Fox I get

• What's he mixed with?
  • Are you sure he's a husky?
  • How come he's not black and white?
  • How did you get a wolf and a fox to mate? (srsly *facepalm)
  • I didn't know you could keep Dingos as pets
  • Is he friendly?
  • Insert random person crossing the street here.