Sarah

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait... You mean you can have stuff going on WITHOUT the internet? :eek:

Mmh... What do I use internet for...

Information gathering (study, computer, Linux and programming related stuff), being social, staying up to date with stuff, playing games with friends, publishing my work.

To be more precise:

Wikipedia, Google, etc (study)

UbuntuForums and related fora (computer/Linux)

Stackoverflow, php.net, jquery.net, docs.python.org, Google (programming)

Google Talk, MSN, IRC, Email, Twitter, Husky-owners (social)

Twitter, Google News, Google reader (staying up to date)

Minecraft, Steam and more (playing games with friends)

YouTube, my own site (publishing my work)

Web comics, StumbleUpon (time passing/wasting)

Mostly I play an online virtual dog game

Also check in on HO at least once a day if on a good connection :D

Rarely check facebook and e-mails

When school starts back will have online classes and homework

oh what's the online dog game?

I think it's funny how 20 years ago people lived without internet perfectly fine. Even 10 years ago, when it wasn't that popular, I didn't mind not having it, I was regarding internet access as a novelty. Now, not having internet is unconceivable!

I use it mainly for IM, Husky Owners, browsing various websites like Wikipedia (I do enjoy reading random articles on random topics... could do this all day), IMDB (for movies reviews, trivia and general discussions as I watch lots of movies), streaming videos on Youtube etc.

I'm not a very Facebook-ey person, I check it probably once a day, but I do check my email several times a day.

I use it a lot for uni, of course, couldn't imagine doing my course without having access to all these amazing resources (don't know how people did it without internet!). So yeah, I use it a lot for access to papers, electronic journals and ebooks and of course, downloading lecture notes. Not so much now, during the holidays, but regularly during term time.

And... how could I forget, online shopping.

oh what's the online dog game?

Its virtualpups.com

Its free to play and helps pass time lol though you can pay to be a sponsor and get more perks :P

I've been playing on and off for over a year now and can do things there I can't do in real life. Like have a mushing team of wolves haha

Husky Owners and my Stained Glass forums - every day

Facebooks - over weekends

Google (my best friend) - every time I ask myself a question (? :rolleyes: ) or wonder about something, I google it - I now have all this useless information floating around in my head that I never actually use

Email is my favorite way of sending documents to my friends but if there's nothing to be sent my email would just lay there.... Dead .____.

Google is where I get a helping hand for homework and stuff, but mostly I just type a random thing like "cute puppies" to kill time LOL

Oh and... Of course, H-O ;)

The internet!!!

God, what don't I do on it:

Obviously the forums - I have one, I'm admin on another and participate in a couple others ( spend most of my "free time" here - HO is home! )

I have two share ware programs out ( they're the reason for *my* forum) so do a bit of work / research on line.

Read and write most of my "mail" on line.

Do most of my banking-on line - and pay bills on-line.

Have a couple of games I indulge in (( the silly torus program that was introduced here, I'm *not* a serious gamer ))

Give me time and I could think of a few more things I do on-line ... and, btw, I have yet to respond to any "You've really need to help me get this $5 million out of <name your country>" or "I'm 5'8" blond hair, blue eyes and I love your picture" (( I've never posted a picture of myself on line! ))

I use the internet mostly just to cure boredom and to ease obsessive worrying about my husky baby =P

In more detail:

I have an add-on called Stumble-Upon that brings you to random pages based on your interests (lots of fun!)

Steam (video-game/communication platform)

Facebook (for what reason, I do not know)

IMDB to see what movies are worth seeing

Googling random things and pretty much anything I have a question about.

Soon I will use it for school related things.

I look up Formula 1 race results to drive my boyfriend insane and to cure my anxiety (I just have to know who won ASAP!)

So in short... I use the internet for pretty much anything and almost everything. :D

Oh yeah! And I'm trying to be a more involved HO forum user ;) I always browse but get too lazy to post hehe.

I use the internet mostly just to cure boredom and to ease obsessive worrying about my husky baby =P

In more detail:

I have an add-on called Stumble-Upon that brings you to random pages based on your interests (lots of fun!)

Steam (video-game/communication platform)

Facebook (for what reason, I do not know)

IMDB to see what movies are worth seeing

Googling random things and pretty much anything I have a question about.

Soon I will use it for school related things.

I look up Formula 1 race results to drive my boyfriend insane and to cure my anxiety (I just have to know who won ASAP!)

So in short... I use the internet for pretty much anything and almost everything. :D

Oh yeah! And I'm trying to be a more involved HO forum user ;) I always browse but get too lazy to post hehe.

Stumble is fab :D

F1 - who do you follow?

Stumble is fab :D

F1 - who do you follow?

Stumble is the procrastinators best friend and foe haha! =P

I love Vettel and Raikkonen (he was on top gear and I just love his personality and drive to do well). I'm so upset that Vettel isn't doing as well this year. I just started watching F1 last year when I moved in with my boyfriend and he introduced me to it, so I think that's why I like Vettel so much; he was spectacular last year and just seems like a good guy! I think when we're both making more money we will eventually go to the Monaco race :D Who do you follow?

So much. I could literally spend 24/7 on here if I had the chance! :P I use HO, several orca forums, deviantART, Flickr, Facebook, a few mouse forums, twitter, IMATA (a marine mammal trainer forum), memebase/other cheezburger network websites, a few games like pacman and QWOP, RFUK, a few animal webcams, job hunting, and various bits of research (for example I'm researching The Aspinal Foundation and African elephants as I've recently got a volunteer position there :) ).

Stumble is the procrastinators best friend and foe haha! =P

I love Vettel and Raikkonen (he was on top gear and I just love his personality and drive to do well). I'm so upset that Vettel isn't doing as well this year. I just started watching F1 last year when I moved in with my boyfriend and he introduced me to it, so I think that's why I like Vettel so much; he was spectacular last year and just seems like a good guy! I think when we're both making more money we will eventually go to the Monaco race :D Who do you follow?

Has to be Webber :wub: :wub:

Haha! I like Webber too! I think the only people I really dislike are Alonso and Hamilton (they've always come off as rude and stuck up to me).

Ohhh I found my new best friend!!

:grouphug:

:lolman:

I don't mind Hamilton but Maldonado REALLY gets on my wick!

Ohhh I found my new best friend!!

:grouphug:

:lolman:

I don't mind Hamilton but Maldonado REALLY gets on my wick!

Hamilton makes me mad because he kept crashing into Massa when it shouldn't have happened at all. Haha! I googled Maldonado to get an idea why you didn't like him and the first thing I saw was an article about how he's a jerk! :lolman:

Hamilton makes me mad because he kept crashing into Massa when it shouldn't have happened at all. Haha! I googled Maldonado to get an idea why you didn't like him and the first thing I saw was an article about how he's a jerk! :lolman:

hahaha - see, what did I tell you :D

HO...several times through the day lol...

FB sometimes...add me if you like lauratraval@gmail.com...just put HO so I know it is not some random Nigerian scamming guys I get alot of.

I was playing Runescape but my landlord is staying in his room at our house and we are packing to move so playing any game is limited.

Plus I got my Luka to keep me busy also.

Banking

Was playing other games also.

Steam.

Chatting (Facebook, Tuenti, MSN...)

Studying:confused: Maths, Chemistry, Physics, Programming, Technical design... :@

Reading forums

Reading dog training and ethology articles

I was playing Runescape but my landlord is staying in his room at our house and we are packing to move so playing any game is limited.

Laura! I've been playing RuneScape for 3 or 4 years, when I was 12. Those were the days! :bananalama: