My Husky's Eyes Normal?

nika

My baby is only 4 weeks old and i know she's in the midst of having her eyes transition, but has anyone else had their puppy from around 6 weeks and remember their eye color? I dont know what her eye color means, i mean, it looks similar to a human eye where she has light brown around her iris and the rest is a grey/medium blue. Similar to this:

post-8187-13586057277904_thumb.jpg

Here's her eyes. I did my best to get her still. As yall know it's hard to capture them not moving , let alone a puppy lol.

post-8187-13586057278672_thumb.jpg

Does this colored transitioning mean she's going to have solid brown/amber eyes? Could it mean she'll be parti-eyed? I'm confused. Ive never had a husky before. And yes i love my girl no matter what her eye color. I just want to know what it could transition to or if anyone has had experience with this?:confused:

Any help would greatly be appreciate!

Me & Nika

At 4wks it's hard to tell if I remember correctly you won't for sure know their eye color until at least 6wks old. If it is like the first picture that is called a parti eye basically two colors in one eye. It's possible she will have all amber but at this stage who is to say. I think [MENTION=1869]sutsibe[/MENTION] might be able to help more. Have you asked the breeder about it?

No i havent asked a breeder yet. I just thought id post here first. She's not full husky. She's a mix. Her mama was a Border collie/ Australian Sheppard mix and she had brown eyes. Who knows what her daddy had. I will ask a breeder. Thank you for the advice. :)

I would guess that her eye would be either amber or parti-colored, but it's hard to say. Usually an eye that is going to be blue will be a bright, royal blue at that age, and one that will be some shade of brown will be a muddier color - the darker brown it will be, the more of a rather muddy navy-color, is usually the case...

EEEE!!!! So excited to see how they turn out. She's already a feisty little lamb as far as her personality. I sooo lucked out with my little Nika. Only had her for a few weeks but she's already like my daughter. I love her dearly. Like all the husky owners on this forum do with their babies. :)

Thank you so much for your help :)