Show leads and collars

I'm looking to get a show lead although I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for. Ive found a snake chain on ebay but I can choose 4mm or 5mm thickness...does it make a difference? I know the lead length I should be using is 4ft...or is that wrong? That's just what I was told :P I was just looking at collars today and nobody else that shows was online to help me choose things. Or is an all in one better ? slip or the martingale style?

post-5415-13586057397143_thumb.jpg

^ I would get chrome I'm not a fan of gold :P

I should also add the handling classes Marius went to I borrowed and was using a martingale type all in one and he did pretty well with it but I cant find one like it

Some tips: Gold is for Red Siberians not Grey!! Go with the silver, you want the collar to all but disappear and not distract from your dog. After all your dog is on display not your collar! If you dog is a puller or new to showing, go with the slightly thicker collar, once more trained to the ring you can go more refined. You definitely want a slip lead not a martingale!

My lead is 48" long but it could stand to be longer, you want your dog to find their gait and unfortunately most of us don't have the stride or speed to allow that so getting them out on the lead away from you can help that. Get a good quality leather lead, nothing fancy or cloth. Something that will fit nicely balled up in your hand and that is pliable.

If you have any questions at any time feel free to message me here, or if you have Facebook on my facebook page the link is on my signature :)

Some tips: Gold is for Red Siberians not Grey!! Go with the silver, you want the collar to all but disappear and not distract from your dog. After all your dog is on display not your collar! If you dog is a puller or new to showing, go with the slightly thicker collar, once more trained to the ring you can go more refined. You definitely want a slip lead not a martingale!

My lead is 48" long but it could stand to be longer, you want your dog to find their gait and unfortunately most of us don't have the stride or speed to allow that so getting them out on the lead away from you can help that. Get a good quality leather lead, nothing fancy or cloth. Something that will fit nicely balled up in your hand and that is pliable.

If you have any questions at any time feel free to message me here, or if you have Facebook on my facebook page the link is on my signature :)

Thank you, and I thought gold wold look odd even if I hate that color haha so that makes sense.

Be careful with those collars. See the little ring before the big rings where you attach the leash too? I've been told those often break and to find collars that don't have that little ring inbetween

Extra ring

post-1996-1358605861201_thumb.jpg

No extra ring

post-1996-13586058603147_thumb.jpg

I usually use a black nylon collar and lead. I sometimes use a chain collar too.