Ziggy caught his first live animal!

Jenn&Ziggy

Just 5 minutes ago, I walked outside and saw Ziggy throwing something around. I got closer and lured him away with cheese and it was a tiny baby mole :( It was so sad! It just laid there on its back struggling to live and then Ziggy stepped on it :( It was so tiny and adorable! I know its nature and all, but it was a BABY! My boyfriend won't stop laughing at me and telling me I'm a dummy for being sad.

On a more serious note, I'm not sure that Ziggy had any intention of eating it XD He just wanted to play with it and chase it, but instead he smooshed it rofl. Ah well. As long as he doesn't bring me a baby bunny...

He just got another one -.- Apparently he found their home! However, I do now know for sure that he just wants to play with them. He picks them up gently and throws them all over the yard and chases them; then he figured out that if he steps on them they squeak like a toy, so its life ended shortly after that =P As soon as it stopped squeaking he just left it there and went to find another. I am officially desensitized though! Puppies will be puppies! :lovebone:

Well at least he killed it. Would have been much worse to left it alive. I had to finish off a squirrel for Ice one time, but where I'm from it worked out (love some squirrel stew lol).

9 times out of 10 it's all play for them, with no intentions of eating whatever they catch.

Well at least he killed it. Would have been much worse to left it alive. I had to finish off a squirell for Ice one time, but where I'm from it worked out (love some squirell stew lol).

9 times out of 10 it's all play for them, with no intentions of eating whatever they catch.

That's true. Eek! I don't think I could actually kill the poor thing. Good thing Ziggy does the dirty work haha. Now I'm left wondering though if huskies are a tad misunderstood and kill kitties on 100% accident because they got a tad too rough... I always watch Zig with our kitties and he does try to do the death shake move on them; of course I'm always there to get in his face if he does though.

That's true. Eek! I don't think I could actually kill the poor thing. Good thing Ziggy does the dirty work haha. Now I'm left wondering though if huskies are a tad misunderstood and kill kitties on 100% accident because they got a tad too rough... I always watch Zig with our kitties and he does try to do the death shake move on them; of course I'm always there to get in his face if he does though.

Ice playing with his fake squirrel...he usually shakes it. Huskies are just rough players lol

Edited by ICE & SHADOW

Ice playing with his fake squirrel...he usually shakes it. Huskies are just rough players lol

CUTE! Ziggy does the same thing :) I love watching him wrestle and attack stuffed animals haha! He attacks them for 15 minutes and then cuddles them.

:(

It's always sad when they kill an animal, eh? I still remember the 'death shrieks' of this squirrel Suka killed. I didn't even know squirrels could make any noise, but apparently they can...

Aw how terribly sad!! I didn't know they could make noise either; hm.

I have a similar story..we tried raising baby ducks, we had four in a wire dog kennel..i'm sure you all know where this is going :( well our two playful pups got into the room where the ducks were kept and killed three out of the four ducks. I cried. Luckily i wasnt home at the time and my husband cleaned the "mess" It was a very sad day.

I have a similar story..we tried raising baby ducks, we had four in a wire dog kennel..i'm sure you all know where this is going :( well our two playful pups got into the room where the ducks were kept and killed three out of the four ducks. I cried. Luckily i wasnt home at the time and my husband cleaned the "mess" It was a very sad day.

Eek! Poor duckies! I would have cried too! Little stinkers...