Help and advice much appreciated please. Kaiser and small dogs = huge problem

Hi everyone, this is the first time i've written a thread so hope this is the correct place. Could anyone please give us some advice on how to correct/avoid ever increasing problems with our gorgeous husky Kaiser. He is the kindest most gentle loving dog with humans but with small dogs a nightmare. So much so we've taken to walking at the parks or on the beach when no dogs are around. He is 3 years old and still has his 'bits' which i know could be attributing to the problem but even so he does appear to be getting worse. My question is why is he getting worse, can we help him stop this? It's such a shame as with other huskies he is absolutely brilliant, with the very occasional other breed of dog he is good but 90% of the time horrendous. He was bitten on his bottom as a puppy by 2 rottweillers off lead on the beach, that hasn't helped and has had a third of his intestine removed due to a shard of bone :( (Burns wet & dry food only now). I'm guessing a bit of 'get in first' mentality but i don't know and would really REALLY appreciate some help as he would love playmates but we have to be so careful. Thanks and sorry for the essay x ps i know huskies have a huge prey drive and Kaiser is testamony to that, he has quite a dominant nature naturally but with humans the opposite .... fun, funny, boingy, laid back, loves his sleep and loves playing.

My advice to you is to engage someone with a small female dog that is much older around 7 plus years. Typically older dogs are more calm and tolerant with younger dogs. I know kaiser is more then a puppy however he might not know all the rules when approaching a smaller dog. Both dogs would need to be supervised of course and well let nature take its course. Most dogs particularly older ones is capable of teaching tolerance and acceptance to younger ones. Also since Kaiser still is unaltered you might want to look into getting a older female husky to play with instead of a male one.

Thank you very much for the advice, will certainly take it on board and give it a try. It's his aggression that is worrying, the older he gets the worse he becomes for some reason. Even bigger dogs he sometimes tries to take on. Yet the total opposite with humans, family and strangers alike. The worst they get is a big sloppy kiss!