Direct TV has really ticked me off!

Kara

:@So I have direct tv, and last night they cancelled Viacom channels including comedy central and VH1 Classic, Spike, TV Land, Nickelodeon, BET and Logo and more!

I'm pissed, especially about Comedy Central and VHI Classic! Arrgggggg! F$*^$#%+*sses ! :angry:

Where we live I have no choice in whats available its either Dish or DTV!

We've had DirecTV, Dish, and now we have Mediacom cable. They are all terrible. I hate when they drop from their lineup.

Sent from HTC with Tapatalk2

Oh I m not happy!! I knew about MTV but I didn't know about Spike and Comedy Central. What am I gonna do without Comedy Central????

I know! COmedy Central is as needed as abc, nbc, cbs, now if they ever screw with my USA or FX I might have to go postal on their butts! Then think about all those great kids channels on Nickelodeon

why did they get rid of these channels?

Its all a business money thing, viacom who owns these channels expect a certain $$ amount and well, DTV doesn't want to pay, they have contracts I think that get renewed and they disagreed, so in some ways it could be blamed on both parties.

I have DISH and they got rid of AMC which means no Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, or Mad Men.

No Mad Men Ahhhhhh! my sympathy :(

DSL on the computer?? I watch anything I want to - which admittedly isn't much - on the computer.

No DSL in my particular area, I live only 35 miles from San Francisco but I'm considered in the 'Boobdocks", and the only thing available is dial-up and wireless verizon, unless i want to pay over 10k to have a T1 line put in, NOT! I lived here in this same cottage for five years back in the early 2000's and at the time there was no wireless, and I had dial up, so I feel like I am living the highlife with my wireless, but the amount that I use and download costs me $$$! and they don't accept HO dollars! I guess I have to cut-back on my TV addiction.

I was thinking about this today and feeling like we all have contracts with Directv. They would charge us $200 to break our contract, but aren't they breaking the contract with us if they stop carrying channels we pay to receive in our package? Seems we should be compensated.

I was thinking about this today and feeling like we all have contracts with Directv. They would charge us $200 to break our contract, but aren't they breaking the contract with us if they stop carrying channels we pay to receive in our package? Seems we should be compensated.

Totally agree!

I have dish network and when they didnt work it out with amc and others they did add some new channels with movies, I'm sure direct tv will do the same, at least dish didnt keep amc and raise my bill. I have had dish for 10 years or more and have always been happy with them , way more then any cable out there.

It is really not directvs fault. All the channels that have been "dropped" are because Viacom (the company that owns the channels) wanted more money and Directv and Viacom could not come to an agreement by midnight July 10th. Directv is working on it though. They wouldn't dare not have MTV, CMT, Comedy Central, and all the other channels...they would loose way too many customers. Directv is really doing this so they do not have to jack up their prices which would also lead to customers leaving.

Yes, they said it would lead to a 30% increase in what their customer's are already paying. We're about to sign up for directtv is why i ask.

it will be settled i'm sure but since i'm a nerd and generally watch discovery channel, a&e, and the history channel. i'll be just fine. :)

Yes, they said it would lead to a 30% increase in what their customer's are already paying. We're about to sign up for directtv is why i ask.

it will be settled i'm sure but since i'm a nerd and generally watch discovery channel, a&e, and the history channel. i'll be just fine. :)

I am sure they are working to resolve it, as those that do have a choice in changing companies will change companies without those channels ,its a big factor, and they wouldn't want to loose that many customers.

true but it's not directv's fault. it's viacom. I don't blame directv for not wanting to charge another billion dollars a year to their customers. that is what it would add up to. plus it's been noted that those particular channels have been losing ratings.

true but it's not directv's fault. it's viacom. I don't blame directv for not wanting to charge another billion dollars a year to their customers. that is what it would add up to. plus it's been noted that those particular channels have been losing ratings.

That is true, as I do know that I don't watch those channels as much as I use to, but I do watch my VH1 Classic. Viacom is big business and I am sure they are playing the bully card! Direct TV is usually increasing their rates by about a 50c to a dollar each year, and I've been a customer for about 10years, at the moment (the last year) my DTV is part of the utilities the landlord is offering so I only pay half the amount I normally would, so I don't have much say in it, as my name is not on a bill anymore....thank goodness.

It will be interesting to see how long this lasts. The threat last year on the FX channel did not last long.

That is true, as I do know that I don't watch those channels as much as I use to, but I do watch my VH1 Classic. Viacom is big business and I am sure they are playing the bully card! Direct TV is usually increasing their rates by about a 50c to a dollar each year, and I've been a customer for about 10years, at the moment (the last year) my DTV is part of the utilities the landlord is offering so I only pay half the amount I normally would, so I don't have much say in it, as my name is not on a bill anymore....thank goodness.

It will be interesting to see how long this lasts. The threat last year on the FX channel did not last long.

yeah my boyfriend has dtv and he was stressing because of sons of anarchy. our favorite show. it happened like 2 days before the premiere haha

also, i might mention after i read all about it it was noted directv wished to have these channels still showing while the two worked out an agreement but viacom refused and yanked the channels.

wow really! tisk tisk tisk on Viacom

yeah my boyfriend has dtv and he was stressing because of sons of anarchy. our favorite show. it happened like 2 days before the premiere haha

SOA !!!!! my favorite! I can't wait till the new season, they were playing reruns last night and I was up till 2am! I had a dream about it last week, and can't wait !

Jax is Yummy! and Gemma is awesome!