T_T Nebry sprain

I've just returned from the park, because Nebry slid off because the water and the mud... there is a fountain where all dogs dig and a good water sink. Today, the sink was stuck and all the water became mud on the digging hole. Nebry runned on the mud and she slid off.

She fell and started to scream, she couldn't walk at first... then I took her in my arms (yes, I was mud-man at that moment:eek:) and after 30mins, she could return to the car... She had a bath and now I've bandaged her paw. She's relaxed and resting right now.

P7130200.jpg?t=1342138190

a>

Tomorrow it's vet-time...:( probably he's going to prescribe rest or active rest therapy... but I don't know if she could endure that time-out.

Any tips for a sprain? I've never had a dog with one....:oops

ohhhh poor girl i hope she will be fine soon if in 24 hours will not improve X-rays should be taken Restrict activity by confining the dog in a small area. Apply cold packs to the injured joint for 15 to 30 minutes, three or four times a day for the first 24 hours.

awww poor baby! Gracie hurt her shoulder getting it stuck in the fence at 6 months, and I remember how hard it was to keep her rested and not use it much. Good Luck with the recovery and lots of hugs to the newbie Nebry!

It's finally a shoulder bicipital tendonitis, the paw soreness (with bandage) was due to bending the paw so...my bandage was useless.

She must rest a week, just going out for potty... with strong inflammatories and ice 3 times a day. Then she can start walking gradually.

I've bought 3 rewards pack for kong. She used to be very unruly, full of energy and she's very sad now, decayed. I feel bad for her :( I'm all the day hugging her right now, praising her all the day and looking after her shoulder.

Thanks for your tips! As I can see, all your tips were very useful! ice packs and the kong^^ Bye!