Stealing!

Sarah

Ragghhhhhhhh

So annoyed right now!

I was bathing Dave last night and the window cleaner turned up so marc shouted up if he could get money out of my purse - yeah sure there's a £10 note in there

He pays, gets the change and puts it back in my purse, later on i check my purse and see bits and bobs and a £2 coin. Today at work i go in my purse to get £2.50 out for my dinner and the £2 has vanished!

My purse fastens really well but i checked my bag anyway but nothing in there - rang Marc, nope he's not been back in my purse.....conclusion, stepdaughter has taken it AGAIN. It's not the first time by a long shot, that this has happened. What ticks me off is that if she wants money for school all she has to do is ask!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She's 15 and not sure what to say to her when i get home - she has been told about this before - it's not the value, it's the principle that she has gone into my bag / purse without asking and taken something that doesn't belong to her.

She doesn't smoke, drugs etc yes i know - how can i be sure, trust me, i know.

hang on :chillpill: that's better think i might need more of these.

thanks for listening!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh i've got something - no lap top over 6 weeks holidays ( she breaks up on Tuesday)

Harsh - but maybe now she will learn to stop taking things that do not belong to her - already had to put a lock on my bedroom door to stop her going through my stuff :rolleyes:

no - she is never allowed in my bag or purse :( If she wants / needs money she asks and i get it for her just stings that shes done it again when all she had to do was ask x

I did do this. When i smoked all that mattered was to get my fags. I even stole from my little brother. My brother stole from our little.sisters piggy.bank. Make her do chores to earn the money.

oh i've got something - no lap top over 6 weeks holidays ( she breaks up on Tuesday)

Harsh - but maybe now she will learn to stop taking things that do not belong to her - already had to put a lock on my bedroom door to stop her going through my stuff :rolleyes:

Wow 6 weeks. You will have stroppy teen.

i had the same thing with my son i put locks on the bedroom door aswel

ps another thing you can try is a big stick :angry1: lol

Set an 'hourly wage' for which she must do chores to repay the money she took. For example, 'pay' her 1 GBP per hour for tasks that she is not normally required to do.

So, if she took 3 GBP, then she owes you three hours of work.

I would search for the things she likes least to do.......picking up poo, grooming the huskies, etc. (Three hours of picking up poo is a loooooooooonnnnnnnngggg time!)

Or so much time off the computer/phone etc for each GBP she took. 1 week computer loss for each pound........

That way, when she complains about the punishment, you can turn it back on her - her punishment fits her 'crime'. If she doesn't like the fine, don't do the crime.

I found that this was the simplest way to discipline my kids because their actions determined the punishment. And if they knew what the punishment would be before hand and still did it, then it was truely their decision, knowing that they would lose certain priviledges for a specific period of time. They sorted themselves out quite quickly....of course, we lived in the country so they would have to mow the huge yard with a push mower or scoop the hog house or weed the garden or their very least favorite - picking up rocks from the pasture and yard.

Edited by Austinville

Set an 'hourly wage' for which she must do chores to repay the money she took. For example, 'pay' her 1 GBP per hour for tasks that she is not normally required to do.

So, if she took 3 GBP, then she owes you three hours of work.

I would search for the things she likes least to do.......picking up poo, grooming the huskies, etc. (Three hours of picking up poo is a loooooooooonnnnnnnngggg time!)

Or so much time off the computer/phone etc for each GBP she took. 1 week computer loss for each pound........

That way, when she complains about the punishment, you can turn it back on her - her punishment fits her 'crime'. If she doesn't like the fine, don't do the crime.

I found that this was the simplest way to discipline my kids because their actions determined the punishment. And if they knew what the punishment would be before hand and still did it, then it was truely their decision, knowing that they would lose certain priviledges for a specific period of time. They sorted themselves out quite quickly....of course, we lived in the country so they would have to mow the huge yard with a push mower or scoop the hog house or weed the garden or their very least favorite - picking up rocks from the pasture and yard.

thats actually a really good idea!! my mom made me pull weeds when i got in trouble. lol or rake grass. WHO RAKES GRASS? ugh worst punishments ever