people smashing glass! (warning pic)

BingBlaze n Skyla

HOW IS THIS EVEN CONSIDERED FUN!?

theres usually alot of glass smashed round our area as it is , but ive always managed to keep the dogs safe from getting hurt by it

until today :(

didnt even see it , first i knew was when Skyla yelped , made her walk so i could see which paw it was n checked her back foot when she lifted it up , n shes sliced her toe pad open :(

i hate people who smash glass , its ok for them they dont get hurt! poor innocent animals do :(

post-95-1358605812521_thumb.jpg

We get quite a lot of this. Students get drunk and stagger home with bottles or glasses they've pinched from pubs and then think they're a hero for smashing it on a tree!!!! I've actually seen them do this & it drives me mad!!

Edited by siberian_wolf
word change and delet, no swearing

Does she need stitches? Can paws even be stitched?

They can be stitched but Vets are reluctant to sew the pad. Best to clean the wound and try and keep a pad on it and possibly wrapped. You could apply some pure petroleum jelly

Ouch! That's pretty deep - will take quite a while to heal, I guessing.

Does she need stitches? Can paws even be stitched?

Only in the most extreme circumstances, I think, from some cuts mine have had - clean it, bandage it ( if they'll leave it! ) and in a few days it should be healed. Since they (pads) heal from the inside out, stitching them doesn't do a lot of good. (( Stupid lab, when I drove garbage truck - besides always having a UTI was always cutting her paws on something! After a couple of trips to the vet and being told to keep it clean and let it heal I gave up and kept it clean and let it heal!

Poor Skyla, I don't understand people at all, fortunately we don't get much broken glass around but they idiots throw Macdonalds bags out which it is easy to keep the dogs away from but I worry about wildlife. Anyway I hope Skyla heals quickly.

They can be stitched but Vets are reluctant to sew the pad. Best to clean the wound and try and keep a pad on it and possibly wrapped. You could apply some pure petroleum jelly

I'l disagree with the petroleum jelly; pads need air to heal properly and it does soften their pads. Had you said an antibiotic ointment I'd have let that slide since the anti-biotic would outweigh the carrier - and of course, IMNHO!

:grouphug: poor Skyla! I hope it heals up quickly.

I hate stupid, littering and reckless people! I have an area across the street that is a great stretch of the road to walk the dog and I can't, cuz apparently its a beer bottle recycling and smashing area! :@