Bath = Successful!

Elyse

So, I just finished drying Suka.

The bath was a success; got my brother to hold him.

He yelped and cried while being wetted, I swear it was like I was knifing him! He wasn't that bad during the shampoo process (but I did use 3/4 of the shampoo bottle. Is that normal?)

Following the directions on here, I rinsed...rinsed...and rinsed some more. Then, I rinsed again! He wasn't very happy about the water, but I had to get all the soap out.

After that was a towel dry, lots of treats, a sunbathing session, and a KONG filled with frozen canned salmon, kibble, wet dog food, and milkbones.

(Sorry, no pics! I so wanted to take pictures, but I feared for my camera's safety! There was so much water everywhere!)

But, let's just say he looked like a very unhappy dog!

He yelped and cried while being wetted, I swear it was like I was knifing him! He wasn't that bad during the shampoo process (but I did use 3/4 of the shampoo bottle. Is that normal?)

Following the directions on here, I rinsed...rinsed...and rinsed some more. Then, I rinsed again!

What you can do is dilute the shampoo with water, it will make it much easier to rinse out of the fur. Because their fur is so thick, if you use straight shampoo, which is quite viscous, it won't foam quite as well and it will be much more difficult to rinse.

We usually use a cup to mix shampoo with water, about half and half.

Congrats for your success! I have to say, huskies are such drama queens. My neighbours must think I am a terrible owner lol... :rofl:

Also if you ever find a way of bathing a husky without getting yourself wet from head to toe, please let us know!! I haven't...

What you can do is dilute the shampoo with water, it will make it much easier to rinse out of the fur. Because their fur is so thick, if you use straight shampoo, which is quite viscous, it won't foam quite as well and it will be much more difficult to rinse.

We usually use a cup to mix shampoo with water, about half and half.

Congrats for your success! I have to say, huskies are such drama queens. My neighbours must think I am a terrible owner lol... :rofl:

Also if you ever find a way of bathing a husky without getting yourself wet from head to toe, please let us know!! I haven't...

i found one lol - take them to the groomer :D

Gratz for finishing Suka! Is he always sad when you bath him? Nebry weeps after every bath.

Very clever Sarah:D I visited a groomer once and she asked for 35€ for a bath,dry and groom. It's much better bathing her myself! It's funnier and cheaper because a Premium Shampoo 5L bottle costs 40€ ·_· and I have got shampoo for 100+ baths -.-"

Gratz for finishing Suka! Is he always sad when you bath him? Nebry weeps after every bath.

Very clever Sarah:D I visited a groomer once and she asked for 35€ for a bath,dry and groom. It's much better bathing her myself! It's funnier and cheaper because a Premium Shampoo 5L bottle costs 40€ ·_· and I have got shampoo for 100+ baths -.-"

if you ever met a husky that doesn't yelp and cry when being bathed, tell me LOL

if you ever met a husky that doesn't yelp and cry when being bathed, tell me LOL

Our pack is quite cooperative...not crazy about it, but cooperative. No crying though. I had some photos up here before, but can't find them on my computer right now. Now at the groomer it's a different story, but they don't really need it often.

Ellie loves it. Ever since she was very little she hated being left out of anything we did including having a shower. Once she was big enough to jump in herself it was a nightmare keeping her out, had to shut the door on her, which she was not impressed with.

She is a lot calmer now and excepts she has to wait out side. If we want to bath her now we only have to let her in the shower with us and make a game of it. Yeah OK the bathroom get soaked but we have no problems bathing her.

We shampooed Molly the other day. Afterwards she had a good shake in the bathroom, waited to be towelled a bit before rolling all over a sofa. Mya just jumped out of the bath running through the house cascading water as she went. It's Timber's turn soon, especially after today's mud but we can't get him in the bath so it will involve tying him to a tree with a long lead and then using the hosepipe

I just bathe Klous oustide. tie him to the fence and use the hose. He doesn't really like it. I usually get alll tangled up becus he doesnt stop moving and his leash gets wrapped around my legs. I took a bad fall once.. /giggle wasnt funny then... but its super funny now when i think back to it.

:lolman::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

We use the shower - both of mine wriggle and try to escape when they realise where they are being herded, but once in the shower stall they stand still and you don't hear a peep out of them - my husband made a long hose with a really strong shower head which we use. The best time for the huskies is after the shower - they run around like crazy and have soooo much fun.

They swim a lot so only bath once or twice a year :oops