help! Skyla's pad (pic)

Hi Nix

A friend came round to look this morning. She's had the same with her dogs and she said it looks ok. Not infected and just needs time.

She's recommended leaving it unbandaged for a while to get more air to it so I'm doing that now.

She's lent me a proper boot and is bringing me some hibiscrub round later (she gets it from work).

Haven't put a pic on as it's a little grubby at the minute due to walking on the back lawn, so I'll post a pic when I clean it up later.

Thanks for your help. x

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure it will close up! Until last week, I had experienced small cuts with Luka - but after that bite, i'm so surprised with how quickly they heal! His puncture was so deep, about an inch long and a cm wide - it closed up fine and the scab should fall off in the next couple of days :) Just keep it clean and start on some antibiotics to ensure it doesn't get infected! Good luck :) Hope they both heal up quickly!

Hi Nix

A friend came round to look this morning. She's had the same with her dogs and she said it looks ok. Not infected and just needs time.

She's recommended leaving it unbandaged for a while to get more air to it so I'm doing that now.

She's lent me a proper boot and is bringing me some hibiscrub round later (she gets it from work).

Haven't put a pic on as it's a little grubby at the minute due to walking on the back lawn, so I'll post a pic when I clean it up later.

Thanks for your help. x

No problem , yeah I leave it uncovered at home n use dog boots on walks its been nearly 2 weeks n is nearly fully healed now :-)

Hope your girl heals up as well as skyla is :-)

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

12 days on from when she cut it here is Maya's pad.

It looks grubby, but I'd just bathed it and then she's walked over the lawn.

I've kept it uncovered all the time and tried a shoe for walks although it's hard to keep it on.

I was worried about it getting infected, but not had any issues despite it clearly not being perfectly clean.

post-5981-13586063505563_thumb.jpg

12 days on from when she cut it here is Maya's pad.

It looks grubby, but I'd just bathed it and then she's walked over the lawn.

I've kept it uncovered all the time and tried a shoe for walks although it's hard to keep it on.

I was worried about it getting infected, but not had any issues despite it clearly not being perfectly clean.

looks really good :) like skylas was , dont worry bout infection so long as u keep it as clean as u can , skylas hasnt been perfect but its nearly fully healed now ( will go n get a pic in a min)

just keep an eye on it for debris getting in it n if any does get in just try n pluck it out its not nice/comfortable for them but needs to be done

keep up what ur doing will be healed in no time