New family project!

kmorganp

So we are planning on putting all four of our girls in the sledding class offered by the husky rescue here and my dad had the idea of trying to build a sled and he even talked to a lady from the rescue about where he can get the harnesses and the gear that would be needed. What do you all think? We helped the rescue at a fund raiser yesterday and they had a sled there that my dad was seriously dissecting it with his eyes trying to piece together how he was going to make ours. I think its a brilliant plan and would be a great project for the whole family including our girls.

I got my harnesses and lines from alpine outfitters. I like them. Good luck with the project! We have no snow here, so I got a scooter instead of a sled.

Considering we havent had snow this year I may talk my dad into putting tires on it haha

Our pups pull us thats about it right now! haha but we all think they would enjoy it.

Are the ages of your dogs up to date on your signature? If so, you don't have anyone old enough to be pulling a sled yet! You can start safely training them at about 16-18mos to pull light loads, but they should be at least 2 years before pulling a sled. It's a wonderful plan for the future, but be safe and let your girls grow into their bodies before putting strain on them.