Please sign this petition! Help prevent pets being treated as livestock.

Michelle Melsom

HSUS and PETA are shutting down the hobby kennel and home breeders in favor of big business USDA breeders. THIS is what they want all dog breeders to look like!!! No more house pets, no more puppies in the kitchen or playing in the yard. THIS is what the new legislation is saying is the ONLY kind of breeding facility that should be allowed. FIGHT NOW!!! We only have until Aug 15th. This ruling applies to rabbits, cats, chickens, gerbils, etc etc etc...

post-5415-13586058852461_thumb.jpg

They say their proposed law is supposed to cut down on puppy mills but the above picture to me looks just like a puppy mill. This is trying to be passed in the USA but who knows where they will try and force it next if it does pass. I for one do not want to keep my family members like livestock :( and when I get another puppy this is something I do not want to see I would not get a dog from a place that housed there animals this way. Below is what was written with the picture. It doesn't just effect breeders it effects puppy buyers as well so sign and help out the responsible breeders please.

"THIS IS a USDA licensed, compliant, LEGAL kennel that will be allowed to stay in business should this law pass.

AKC's petition has passed 62,000 signatures now!

REMEMBER - this is NOT about stopping puppy mills! Puppy mills are ALREADY licensed by the USDA! This will take smaller GOOD show breeders, and force them to keep their pups and dogs to the SAME standards as the "commercial breeders" (aka: large puppy mills).

HSUS & PETA are trying to end all pet ownership! Cut off all breeders, force owners to spay/neuter, until there are no more being born, and eventually our domesticated pets and farm animals become EXTINCT!!! This is their hidden agenda! DO NOT DONATE TO THESE GROUPS! They lie, and play on people's emotions to steal your money, while PETA kills 98% of animals in it's care and HSUS gives LESS THAN 1% of it's money to REAL animal shelters and humane societies around the country, they also use their money and propaganda to PROMOTE breed specific legislation to have many of our breeds banned and killed throughout the country!"

Some links about the proposed law change:

USDA/APHIS Regulations Resource Page

No more Dogs??? : Whole Dog News

http://saova.org/news/APHIS/Living.with.USDA.Licensing.pdf

Write to your Congressmen: Urge Congress: Take Action to Support American Pet Breeders | The Cavalry Group

Sign AKC's petition: Join With the AKC to Protect Responsible Small Breeders Petition