I have a red husky!!

mydiamond

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

=O all this time I thought extreme coat color changes only happen to puppies x)

EDIT: I call it "extreme" because he went from black to copper :S

He's still beautiful ;) It may have happened more gradually than overnight but you may have just not noticed?

there is no way I missed such intense copper color.. I'm afraid he got into trouble and got exposed to some kind of acid or other things :S not that I keep acidic substances in places where he can reach but hey every possibility counts x)

I read the ingredients list twice, but of course they're not being specific =\ on the good side tho I checked the skin underneath the copper-colored marking and found nothing abnormal. Apparently it's just pigmentation. Weird tho, the change is too rapid for me :S

oh remembered one thing... I was trying to give ear drops to Dime (yes, more ear drops. For some reasons the vet decided to send me another bottle of it) and he dodged at the wrong time. Some of the ear drops sprayed to his forehead. I cleaned it right away tho could it be the ear drops? :( they're hydrogen peroxide

Stop painting him then. :P. Lol, seriously I have no idea what would cause such a sudden colour change. It's my understanding that a chemical called melanin controls hair/skin colour (aswell as genetics of course) but not sure how these could be affected?! Confused!

Togo goes through phases of having coppery tinges in certain areas, his hocks, elbows, ears. His dad was a pale red an hes the spit of his mum apart from his one blue eye

Some of his siblings were pale red like their dad with black edging round their eyes and ears

Hydrogen peroxide takes time to "dye" hair but it could be its combination with the sun maybe.

Back to my mom's dog. My mom likes dying her hair. Once at her fav place for it her dog Sunny came too close to them and spilled some of the stuff used to make blond hair, so some of his black hairs on his legs changed to orange lol. He's living fine though. ;)

Howdy,

I would like to agree with Bing, Blaze & Skyla...If she is out in sunlight a lot, its more than likely that? Sounds daft but i'm blonde, and during the winter period and to be fair MOST of the time here in the UK when we have no sun, my hair is a brown/light brown in colour, HOWEVER, if I spent time out in the sun or I go on holiday, where its really sunny, my hair goes back to been bleach blonde? I know i'm not a dog but surely the same principle could apply? even slightly? :P ...I definitely wouldn't be worried about it tho mydiamond?

As for my pup, she is entirely white, does any body know if they stay that way, or can they develop other colours as time goes on? I love her being all white...:)

Mark & Bowe.

Howdy,

I would like to agree with Bing, Blaze & Skyla...If she is out in sunlight a lot, its more than likely that? Sounds daft but i'm blonde, and during the winter period and to be fair MOST of the time here in the UK when we have no sun, my hair is a brown/light brown in colour, HOWEVER, if I spent time out in the sun or I go on holiday, where its really sunny, my hair goes back to been bleach blonde? I know i'm not a dog but surely the same principle could apply? even slightly? :P ...I definitely wouldn't be worried about it tho mydiamond?

As for my pup, she is entirely white, does any body know if they stay that way, or can they develop other colours as time goes on? I love her being all white...:)

Mark & Bowe.

Parker has stayed white, where as Kaiden is getting cream/brown ting on his ears and back.

what colour was her mum, if you saw her?

Howdy,

Mark & Bowe.

thanks a lot, he ( ;) ) is my first and only dog so I often overreact LOL thanks for all the answers :D

Parker has stayed white, where as Kaiden is getting cream/brown ting on his ears and back.

what colour was her mum, if you saw her?

I only seen her through the window (all though she SHOULD have been around/with her pups!) but she was white, cream, and a little light brown. Dad was similar, and huge!

Almost all the Pups (that I saw, were white though) so i'm unsure, as how to she might turn out? almost all the other dogs i've seen develop or been around have been multi colored from pups...

And sorry for that 'mydiamond' - 'HE' :P hehe lol...

I only seen her through the window (all though she SHOULD have been around/with her pups!) but she was white, cream, and a little light brown. Dad was similar, and huge!

Almost all the Pups (that I saw, were white though) so i'm unsure, as how to she might turn out? almost all the other dogs i've seen develop or been around have been multi colored from pups...

And sorry for that 'mydiamond' - 'HE' :P hehe lol...

yeah i dont think white huskys change too much not like masked/coloured huskys

yeah i dont think white huskys change too much not like masked/coloured huskys

Strange her been white, with her parents been off white, creamy / brown?...who knows the pups that had already gone might have been, but whats to say they WERE Bowes mother & farther? you know what i'm saying?...I cant trust a thing that loonatic puppy farmer has said or says. lol...

Strange her been white, with her parents been off white, creamy / brown?...who knows the pups that had already gone might have been, but whats to say they WERE Bowes mother & farther? you know what i'm saying?...I cant trust a thing that loonatic puppy farmer has said or says. lol...

Skyla's dad was white , her mum was a very light red and white sibe , skyla has stayed white :-) well apart from when she gets muddy that is lol which she does a lot! She's a Tomboy lol

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner