Abandoned huskies itv

KIMMY 66

yes it was my best friends mate on there with her husky,she s a volunteer for husky rescue and a vet was with her,just saying how many are ending up in rescue...'snow dogs' has a lot to answer for...!

Another husky cross has turned up at my local rescue, one year to the day that we took Luna home. It's so sad, every time someone says to me "oh she's beautiful, I'd love a husky!" I start off on a long list of every negative I can think of....finishing with "but if you can cope with all of those then there's some beautiful Huskies in rescue all over the country...some people just don't do the research before getting one."

I agree. Everyone ive met with them around here, only a few people, actually read and love the breed. But we have so many people when we walk ours or go to the dog park that say they love them or would like one....as they have a small toy breed or a lab. Always have to tell them that they are way different then alot of breeds. People that actually know about the breed thought we were crazy for getting one, then 45 days later we got another, they really thought we were nuts lol. But we did plenty of research and love both of our well behaved pups.

There are quite a few huskys around here but so many of them let them run around off lead and can't understand why I won't do it too even though I've banged on about prey drive soooo many times I'm starting to go blue in the face! Technically Bear could possibly be offlead when older as she's not got much of a prey drive and recalls quite well(she's not a full husky she's a crossbreed). But I keep her onlead anyway as she does love other dogs And children and I don't want her to knock over a small child or get hurt by another dog. It's called being responsible, something some people just don't seem to understand. Argh!

at least the message is getting out, i had someone tell me they saw it on TV, then said yours dont seem destructive or trying to run away (micha was laying down amber and suki where sitting).

so i told him, mine are well behaved because they get 4 hours exercise a day.

if mine get less than 2 hours a day i usually find broken things

mine require constant training not to pull my arms out of their sockets.

huskies are a lot of work dont get one because they look stunning, get one because you want to go for Huge walks every single day for the next 15 years.

I was told about this by my grandparents dont watch daybrake the thing that annoyed me is that apparently they are being put on the dog danger list huskies might not be friendly towards dogs like mine unless another husky but they have never attacked a human at the end of the day a dog is as dangerous as the owner makes it if you treat the dog with respect but always teach it right from wrong walk it regular and give it comany and love a dog can be the best friend you will ever have it just annoys me that people can judge a dog by its breed not all dogs are bad or harmfull yeah ok huskies arent the easiest breeds to have but if u do your reaserch and know what you are getting your self in for they are amazing dogs like all of you will agree with me i just wish poeple would stop having huskies just because they are beautiful, because they look strong and would make good protection there is more to them and its poeple like that who give huskies a bad name.

at the end of the day a dog is as dangerous as the owner makes it if you treat the dog with respect but always teach it right from wrong walk it regular and give it comany and love a dog can be the best friend you will ever have it just annoys me that people can judge a dog by its breed not all dogs are bad or harmfull

so so true. my mother lives in Canada and owns an american Pit bull they are banned in the uk.

it lives with a staffie and a rabbit. all 3 of them eat dinner together and sleep in a pile together.

i will email my mother for a picture to post

Are they really?? My Grandparents didn't tell me that part :( Huskies are super friendly dogs in the right hands, that's just ridiculous.

My Grandad soaked all the information up and is now really understanding about how I am with Ryder, wish I could show my Brother and his Girlfriend it as despite a local husky going missing after being let off lead they still brand me a bad owner for not letting Ryder off!