Your next Husky?

Katers91

Realistically, I know right now we couldn't afford another husky. That along with family holidays booked until next April which we're already over the dog limit for (whoops! :redface1:) I know it's not going to happen. But it doesn't stop me day dreaming whenever I'm walking Ryder!

I can't be the only one that does this, so what's your ideal next addition to your family?!

If I could go pick another husky up today I'd like a rescue. Male, older than Ryder, copper colouring with brown eyes. And unless the name he came with was flawless I'd work on changing his name to either Hunter, Mason or Reks.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really have no preference but as I already have a male I would love to get a female. Red female. Red, brown-eyed female. Red, brown-eyed, adult female. Red, brown-eyed, adult, normal-coated female. Red, brown-eyed, adult, normal-coated, rescued female ;)

i foster thats the only way i have another husky in house, yes its hard work taking care of them with training etc but when they go to the forever homes its all worth it.

I can imagine that would be an amazing thing to do :) Wish I could get my boyfriend on board for it!

I really have no preference but as I already have a male I would love to get a female.

When it comes to it (hopefully next Summer!) it'll be a matter of what pooch hits it off with Ryder more than looks. But in my head I can be super picky ;) Red huskies are absolutely gorgeous though :)

I have a soft spot for reds :wub: whites and agoutis are unusual too but there's just something "unique" about reds that other colors don't have :heartbeat: I prefer a dark, copper-like red than cream or 'orange' so yea I can be super picky in my head too :P

Well reds certainly are popular! :P

I'd want a male puppy from a proper breeder, one from a kennel that works and shows their dogs and preferably does fairly decently at both :P I'd also prefer the kennel to have been running for a while so it's not just someone who's gotten some KC registered dogs, bred them, stuck them on a rig and entered a couple of shows. Basically I want some history behind my dog's lines :) I'd prefer a dark copper red standard coat with a full mask. I don't mind what eye colour - having one of each already I can honestly say brown is just as gorgeous as blue :) In fact on a red, a dark brown or light hazel might look better suited, but I really don't mind. I don't want another dog until these two are getting on a bit though, it'll probably be when Kiska turns about 10 and Freya 9.

OK I have 3 dogs and 3 is the limit where I live. This is sad because my ideal dog would be a rescue Husky. Preferably female just because my house is full of males currently, lol. And she would be a wooly (I love woolies). I prefer a dog that is below the age of 6 or 7 simply because my boys play very rough.

Actually, this would be my ideal dog: Luna « MaPaw Siberian Husky Rescue & Referral Service

Luna just became available for adoption. Oh how I wish I could adopt her. :(

OK I have 3 dogs and 3 is the limit where I live. This is sad because my ideal dog would be a rescue Husky. Preferably female just because my house is full of males currently, lol. And she would be a wooly (I love woolies). I prefer a dog that is below the age of 6 or 7 simply because my boys play very rough.

Actually, this would be my ideal dog: Luna « MaPaw Siberian Husky Rescue & Referral Service

Luna just became available for adoption. Oh how I wish I could adopt her. :(

OMG!! Double parti-eye :eek:

I was looking at a green eyed red mally that was up for rehome. Maybe a cross as I didn't think malamutes were supposed to have blue or green eyes. She was 2 years old and lived about a 10minute drive away, so close. But then my brain kicked In and told me 3 dogs are plenty. :(. Oh well, one day......

I was looking at a green eyed red mally that was up for rehome. Maybe a cross as I didn't think malamutes were supposed to have blue or green eyes. She was 2 years old and lived about a 10minute drive away, so close. But then my brain kicked In and told me 3 dogs are plenty. :(. Oh well, one day......

mals can have blue eyes too. It's just that it's not a desirable trait. Much like the wooly huskies ;) hope she found a good new home soon :)

mals can have blue eyes too. It's just that it's not a desirable trait. Much like the wooly huskies ;) hope she found a good new home soon :)

Yep, she was snapped up a week or so later! So it did have a happy ending and realistically I would not manage two very heavy dogs. Brooke and ice are ok but bear is very big and heavy. It's hard to keep control of her, so how would I manage with two big heavy dogs? I would have super long stretched out arms, lol.

Edit: I should probably of mentioned that when I said I was looking at her, I saw her listed on gumtree and revisited it daily. I didn't actually make contact with them and then let them down as this would of been irresponsible of me! O was just watching her from my monitor screen and dreaming, lol. Anyway the advert was updated to say she was sold, so I'm sure she's somewhere nearby enjoying her new family. :)

Edited by emma1979

We can't have another dog whilst we have 3 our house isn't big enough despite me trying 2 persuade the parents otherwise lol but it would have 2 be another male not bothered about colour etc n as much as I'd wanna rescue with blaze we'd have 2 get a puppy, only way we could rescue would be if it was like skyla n we got him young around 3ish months old or so

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

There's a kennel in Germany that I am dying to have a puppy from. We will be getting a female and probably wont worry about color. We also plan to get a Central Asian Shepherd since there tends to be issues with stolen dogs in our area. Got to save the Siberians from themselves at times, and a 130lb LGD should do the trick.

Well I am getting another Husky sometime this year (or next if my brother moves out -.-) I am looking for a light red female with amber eyes or a black and white female with brown eyes. Ive got this picture I found somewhere its a Male but the colors are right :P

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52443[/ATTACH]

That almost looks like Ember, it's not but very similar :)

post-6615-13586059178505_thumb.jpg

Ember, his grandson Joker, and granddaughter Journey