Am I not feeding her enough?

Eman

Hey everyone,

I'm a little concerned about my little Bailey's Diet. She is presently 15weeks old, female and 19lbs.

We feed her Eukanuba active preformance 28/18 as per recommendation of the breeder....

Presently we feed her 1/2 a cup 3 times a day, plus an assortment of treats - which comprise of dried liver treats and more kibble.

She doesn't look "fat" or "skinny", but she doesn't seem to be satisfied EVER and I just want to make sure that I'm not shorting her nutrition.

When I do try to increase to about 3/4cup... her poops get super soft and runny.

Any advice?

My pup was fed twice a day for a while, and he was NEVER satisfied. Ever.

He would resort to socks, hairties, and even the darn koosh ball that almost killed him...

Then one day, he just kinda chilled out and we had to start feeding him once a day cause he simply wouldnt eat twice.

I wouldnt worry, puppies EAT. They eat to grow, but dont overfeed.

Just make sure she has energy and stays at a healthy weight.

You seem to be doing perfect. :)

you seem to be feeding the right amounts....pups are just greedy buggers

they do get soft stools if overfed.....

your pup will grow into its skin.....enjoy this puppy stage, before you know it they are fully grown and you miss the puppy days

Stay the course. You are doing great. Some Huskies, puppies or not, are food-motivated, others are not. Sounds like you may have a food-motiviated one.

If she looks good I say you're doing just fine. Cinna is only 8 weeks old but she already knows where the pantry is (where we store the dog food), because that's where runs to anytime she's off her leash in the house, and she gets fed plenty. Just always looking for more. :)

You sound like you're feeding spot on. As you've already seen, over feeding leads to runny stools so keep it as you are doing. My Ice will always be trying his luck for more food, no self control, he's a greedy pig! Lol.