What have I done?!?!

JESSICAMOM343

Ni'cko was on strictly Purina puppy chow dry dog food. I wanted to give him better so I switched to TOTW dry and started mixing in some of the wet dog food with it. He gets dry in the am, 1/2 and 1/2 for lunch and supper. He's so spoiled on the 1/2 and 1/2 that some days he's refused to eat the plain kibble at breakfast time. Do I give in and mix it 1/2 and 1/2 or stand my ground and keep giving the dry to him for breakfast and if it eats it he eats it and if not his loss??

Also he doesn't normally even try to eat until 1-2 hours after waking up. Is that normal?? He's more interested in playing, but then again he was in that horrible crate all night. :S

Not quite sure I understand what's going on. You had him on Purina, then switched him to TOTW, but have added wet food in with the TOTW? I would stop the wet food all together. It's not needed. It also tends to build plaque on the teeth more quickly, adds calories, and may not digest at the same rate as kibble, so could lead to tummy upset if fed together, depending on how much wet food is involved.

Put down the dry food. Let it stay for ten minutes or so. If he eats, fine, if not, pick up the bowl and put it down at the next scheduled feeding. A Husky will not let itself starve. And what is going on, is he is training you, instead of the other way around. Don't feel bad, we've all been trained to a certain degree by our Huskies. But seriously, there's no need for the wet food, and in the long run, he won't miss it and you'll save a bit of headache by not having to deal with it.

Yeah, you got it. He came from the breeder on Puppy chow and also got wet do food at lunch.

I continued that, but switched him to TOTW and added the wet to lunch AND dinner. So it was:

Breakfast: kibble only

Lunch & supper: 1/2 and 1/2

And he refuses the breakfast now..... :-/

Yeah, you got it. He came from the breeder on Puppy chow and also got wet do food at lunch.

I continued that, but switched him to TOTW and added the wet to lunch AND dinner. So it was:

Breakfast: kibble only

Lunch & supper: 1/2 and 1/2

And he refuses the breakfast now..... :-/

Lol. Selective eating. He's holding out for something better! Definately agree with Mazz.