Harnesses?

Its_A_Husky_Thing

I did a search on here and couldnt find really what i was looking for. When Ammo and Gunner were young we wanted to get them on harnesses right away. So we bought some from Petsmart. Now that they are getting bigger, they are starting to get alittle big for them, and they seem to dislike getting them put on now (kinda like they are getting uncomfortable). So just looking for any other suggestions for harnesses. They are only 6 and 8 months old, so i dont know if i want to go very expensive now, not knowing if they will get too big for the new ones or not. The Kong ones at Petsmart have a padded chest peice of them...which i would thing would be better then the 1" wide straps of the ones now. I heard x-back once, but from what ive read those are only really good for sled pulling. I have seen some nice padded harnesses, can either have them custom made or get adjustable ones. Or do you guys think if we get them harnesses that fit them when adjusted all the way small, they would adjust big enough to fit them as they get full grown? Thanks all!

Ghost has a Manmat harness since 4 month, and still the same size S. He's not too fond of having it on himself for god-knows-what reason but it's a very good harness. Can't really complain, it comes from the country I currently live in lol.

i keep hearing about the walk your dog with love harness. i think i may wind up trying that one. Luka has a regular cheap harness right now but by the time he's 6 months i want to change it to a good one.

We use these for both of our dogs and they're great! It really does work wonders. Eventually they will learn how to pull in them but they're still better than any other no pulls harness we've tried.

I know manmat ship to the uk, It may be that they ship to the u.s. it's better to buy direct from them as its much cheaper even with the postage on top :)

We have Dean & Tyler harnesses and bungee manmat leads and collars. I'm working towards harnesses from manmat and would like a mushing belt from them as well. It would be better for my back than a standard walking belt

Edited by Povodny

Hmm, thanks guys. I checked out the manmat site and the Pulka harness looks pretty nice. Seems kinda like a small x-back.

This is one i was looking at, you can add side-rings and reflective tape(i think) if wanted... http://www.alpineoutfitters.net/secure/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=189

Edited by Its_A_Husky_Thing
wrong

There are so many great harnesses out there,the Manmat ones are good,I have used the Trixie ones for walking as they are easy to put on and take off and very strong.

The WYDWL are good too,the only problem I had was that the dogs kept tripping over their leads as they were attached differently. As the dogs grow you will need to replace anyway,they don't last forever and some take wear and tear better than others. The made to measure ones are good too.

Those also look like very nice harnesses! Hmm, decisions decisions. The only thing right now i guess is since they are still growing is that id like to keep the price down to like $30ish, then once they are full grown, go with a more expensive one as it would fit them the rest of their lifes. Expecially having to buy two right away lol.

• 2 weeks later...