cant stand the smell y did she do it

carl brookes

my wife took nikita for a walk last night and gave her some off lead time she ran around like a mad dog as usual but then she ran in to a bush and would not come out just kept rolling around and when she came out guess what she had been rolling in fox crap yes fox crap and the smell is unbearable i washed and washed her but there is no getting rid of it. a pig stiy smells better.:confused:

A lady at the park told me she uses tomato ketchup, she scrubs her dog thoroughly where the poo is and then washes it out, apparently that gets rid of the smell every time! I know it stinks - we have doggy shampoo that has a strong smell for those mishaps lol.

ew....

I heard there's a Nature's Miracle shampoo that's specifically designed to remove all the 'stinks' in the coat. Might want to check that out....looks like its bath time!

Oh, and I was talking to a lady the other day....make sure to take the collar off and wash that too - sometimes the smell is 'stuck' on the collar.

When our dogs got out and met a skunk one night I used this recipe.

1 quart 3% Hydrogen Peroxide

1/4 cup Baking Soda

1 teaspoon liquid soap

(Dawn Dishwashing Detergent is often recommended, but any dish soap will work)

Rubber or latex gloves

Mix in an open container (bucket or bowl); it will be fizzy, a clue that you shouldn't try to mix it or store it in a bottle or other closed container.

Thoroughly wet your dog with warm water and then the solution while it is still bubbline. Knead it well into his coat, to chemically alter every bit of the thiols on his hair. Be careful to keep the formula out if the dog's eyes, nose and mouth; you can use a sponge to carefully wipe it onto his face. Let the solution stand for 10 minutes before rinsing.

I have not used it but my mom has....Nature's Miracle works great. Especially on the skunk smell. My mom lives in the country so her dog (my little brother :D) is always getting into stuff...random animal poo, sprayed by a skunk, eats something weird....you name he has done it lol.

LOLOL. I love it when our dogs do something that just makes us stop in our tracks and wonder "Why me?" One of our friend's Central Asian puppies tried to guard a skunk under the assumption it was another member of the livestock she was supposed to protect. Needless to say, the skunk was not impressed by her protection skills.

tomatoe ketchup works well also hibiscrub surprisingly also.

i have 3 huskies

1 rolls in fox poo

the second rolls in fox poo and dead things

the third EATS fox poo and rolls in dead frogs, and east sun dried flat runover frogs

Beat this!! A while ago,some dirty person jumped over the fence into our field and had a c**p,leaving toilet paper everywhere.Meanwhile,whilst on our walk,Mystie found it and rolled in it!!:eek:=End of walk,straight home and urgent bath ( outside!!)Huskies eh!:rolleyes:

Beat this!! A while ago,some dirty person jumped over the fence into our field and had a c**p,leaving toilet paper everywhere.Meanwhile,whilst on our walk,Mystie found it and rolled in it!!:eek:=End of walk,straight home and urgent bath ( outside!!)Huskies eh!:rolleyes:

:jawdrop: eww