Safi isn't to well

Povodny

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today is not a good day, yesterday safi couldn't keep her food down. She brought her medication back and even after a few hours of allowing her to settle she was offered an ate some food then brought it back in the night.

This morning she has rapid panting and heartbeat, she's restless and uncomfortable when she stays still, she has periods of disorientation and is very unsteady on her feet. She still knows me and wants to stay close. She's been laying across my lap as much as she can, getting right in my face an licking me.

Although her bloods came back positive last week my concern now is how far the shunts she developed internally have spread. A year ago we were warned even if her liver failure didn't kill her, the shunts pushing round her heart and into her chest cavity could. I'm hoping this isn't what's causing todays change but have no means of knowing except giving her time.

Praying that she gets to feeling better as the day progresses - :coffee: I'm sorry, that's dumb, my day just began, yours is half over .... :grouphug:

Not dumb at all Al, thank you for the thoughts an prayers. Don't know why I'm posting really, think I need to get my thoughts outside my head before they drive me bonkers.

Not dumb at all Al, thank you for the thoughts an prayers. Don't know why I'm posting really, think I need to get my thoughts outside my head before they drive me bonkers.

We're friends and I, for one, am interested in how she's doing. I keep hoping for good news from that front!! Don't figure I'm alone there either ...

We're friends and I, for one, am interested in how she's doing. I keep hoping for good news from that front!! Don't figure I'm alone there either ...

The other half is on his way back from the vets, been to get more medication to bring down the ascites. I asked him to ask about pain relief. More so I can rule out if she's in pain or not. If she takes some an there's no change I know she's not suffering in pain.

I absolutely hate it when a thread like this goes quiet ... prayers for Safi! Hope she's doing okay!

Hi Al and everyone who's enquiring. Didn't want to attention seek and more so post unless I had something positive to say. I text Liz back after she contacted me at home. It's been crap actually, I swing between thinking I'm watching a dog slowly dying and hoping what I'm seeing is a step to recovery. I really don't know but the first time round safi didn't exibit being in pain. This time she does. From day to day varies but I've now got something to help her when it appears unbearable.

Having said that, after a slow start today has ended well and I'm hoping, as I text Liz, if she's as we'll as she was that moment I text Liz we can go out on Tuesday for the evening walk and see how she does. She wants to go out but she's just not strong enough. The thing is it lifts her spirits. So ending on a positive, today has not been all bad

Hi Al and everyone who's enquiring. Didn't want to attention seek and more so post unless I had something positive to say. I text Liz back after she contacted me at home. It's been crap actually, I swing between thinking I'm watching a dog slowly dying and hoping what I'm seeing is a step to recovery. I really don't know but the first time round safi didn't exibit being in pain. This time she does. From day to day varies but I've now got something to help her when it appears unbearable.

Having said that, after a slow start today has ended well and I'm hoping, as I text Liz, if she's as we'll as she was that moment I text Liz we can go out on Tuesday for the evening walk and see how she does. She wants to go out but she's just not strong enough. The thing is it lifts her spirits. So ending on a positive, today has not been all bad

Thanks for the update Nic.It must be absolutely awful for you right now and I can hardly imagine how hard it must be ,not knowing if she's in pain or not,and waking up each morning to wonder how she is..Poor Safi,I hope she finds the strength to keep fighting.I do feel for you.Love to Safi ....Karen and the PPH.x

Bit of an update

Safi has improved this week. I'm happy she's relaxed and recuperating not lying there waiting to die. She puts herself on the floor when she's too warm (Shes allowed couch privileges while she's ill) she's started showing an interest in food at last. She's very very thin at the moment and hopefully she's making another miraculous recovery :)

One thing I noticed last time and this is something which indicates her inside status. I'll post picks an see if you see what I did.

[ATTACH]56884[/ATTACH]

Taken on or around the 28th July

[ATTACH]56885[/ATTACH]

A moment ago. So about three weeks apart

post-1752-13586067641137_thumb.jpg

post-1752-13586067642082_thumb.jpg

Edited by Povodny

Yes Tiffany it's her nose, she loses her snow nose when she's ill. It must be because her blood isn't being cleaned as well and the build up of ammonia. Although in the first pic she'd already been in decline for a few weeks and it wasn't as clear as it had been previously.

Today she's being a minx :)

Im Soooo relieved