14 dead, at least 50 injured in shooting at Colorado movie theater

ICE & SHADOW

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope none of our forum family got hurt & I feel horrible for the families of those that did. I don't think I will ever understand the want to do something like that. We know there's no need.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

:( those mourning families would be in my thoughts for sure :( and the shooter, too.

I read somewhere in a book that most mass shooting culprits do it to draw attention.. "Simply" because he is either ignored or bullied by people around him. So yea I don't quite get it, but this is what came up to their mind as a way to be the center of attention :( sending invisible hugs to the injured people, the victims' families, and the shooter xxx oh and I wish all fifty injured peeps will get well soon

I thought i went mental at MB attempt at transformers the movie :lolman:

all jokes aside it horrible that you cannot even go to the cinema without something happening.

When will enough be enough in usa?

how many people have to die from crazy people killing people for fun. Maybe they should follow England and only allow someone who actually needs a gun to own one.

Oh God - this is just awful... why would you do something like that? And then it seems people didn't have a chance at all, as he was shooting at the emergency exits! And then... shooting at children as well... how can you do something like this?

It's a good thing they caught him, imagine if amongst all the panicked people, he managed to escape...

Never one to be at too much of a loss for words, this does catch me speechless. I can sometimes understand anger - but uncontrollable anger at people who have done nothing to deserve it does leave me without words.

My sympathy goes out to all the victims of this maniac! and yes, one of the people shot was a 6 year old boy ... beyond words!

Want to know what makes me even more upset? This quote from a media spot after the "event"

The captured shooter has been identified as Mohammad Alam, an Iranian immigrant. The identity of the other shooter is still unknown, Oates states.

which is so very wrong! He is, according to the police a 24 year old white male ... talk about inaccurate biased reporting!!! Do we really need to stir up more racial hatred???

Here's what came from my local news the name is James Holmes 24yrs old and there was a 4 month old baby injured in the attack that has been released from the hospital. I deeply hurt for those families who lost loved ones and for those injured who now have a heck of a lot to deal with :( Not to mention the law enforcement who have yet another mass tragedy to deal with.

http://www.king5.com/news/national/14-dead-in-Colorado-theater-shooting-163153536.html

I was woke up today by several text asking if my husband and I were ok (we live maybe an hour from Aurora). I couldn't figure out what these people were talking about until I actually got on the computer for the day. To see in big bold letters, Shooting at Aurora Movie Theatre, broke my heart and terrified me. My husband and I have friends that live not too far from this theatre but thankfully were not there.

The state of Colorado can not catch a break. School massacre in 1999, 7 Texas inmates escaping and making their way to Colorado in 2003(?), 3 siblings going on a cross country shooting spree and ending up in Colorado in 2011, just recently a former Army Ranger who is now a convicted rapist escaped custody in Kentucky and is believed to be headed to Colorado Springs, and now this shooting!

I am never one for guns (I prefer knives) but seeing that in Colorado you can easily obtain a gun (pretty sure I understand the laws correctly) I honestly don't think it helps much. That and the fact that you can so easily get lost in Colorado's wilderness.

I pray for the families effected in last nights shooting.

What a horrific thing to happen, makes me so disappointed in humanity. My heart goes out to these people and their families. Every time something like this happens, it just takes a little more away from us as people. There has already been an uproar in security, at least here that is what the news is reporting, and as much as I have lots of sympathies and the event is shocking and saddening, I am also upset that society is already immediately making decisions based on one crazy person....more security and the rule in some theaters that you cannot wear costumes to the show. Another horrid event that has ripped away another small piece of my freedom.....not that I am wearing costumes to movies (except when I went to see the new Star Wars about 10 years ago:)... The point, I hate that one crazy person can change things forever!

Sadly I just read that the horrid people from the westboro baptist church are headed to Aurora now so they may protest the memorial that is being held tomorrow. People are posting all over Facebook trying to get people to show up to form a human wall. I would go but for the sack of my husband I will not....I would probably need to be bailed out of jail afterwards:redface1:.

Apparently several members from the westboro group now have twitter accounts children included even though in interviews they said the children are not allowed on the internet :facepalm: Anyways apparently they are saying that the Air Force has declared war on God...not sure how one does that...and that is why a member of the Air Force died. I am so confused by this group. And I am not even a....we will just say I am not religious.

Wish I had the will power to control myself and be able to go.

They're releasing some of the names of those killed...the youngest being a 6 year old girl! Her 25 year old mother was shot in the throat and abdomen. She is in intensive care, paralyzed and has not been told of her daughter's death yet. :( Such a waste of life....it makes my blood boil! :angry:

They're releasing some of the names of those killed...the youngest being a 6 year old girl! Her 25 year old mother was shot in the throat and abdomen. She is in intensive care, paralyzed and has not been told of her daughter's death yet. :( Such a waste of life....it makes my blood boil! :angry:

Oh no that poor woman :(

Awful just awful