14 dead, at least 50 injured in shooting at Colorado movie theater

ICE & SHADOW

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly I just read that the horrid people from the westboro baptist church are headed to Aurora now so they may protest the memorial that is being held tomorrow. People are posting all over Facebook trying to get people to show up to form a human wall. I would go but for the sack of my husband I will not....I would probably need to be bailed out of jail afterwards:redface1:.

Apparently several members from the westboro group now have twitter accounts children included even though in interviews they said the children are not allowed on the internet :facepalm: Anyways apparently they are saying that the Air Force has declared war on God...not sure how one does that...and that is why a member of the Air Force died. I am so confused by this group. And I am not even a....we will just say I am not religious.

Wish I had the will power to control myself and be able to go.

I've read through alot of things and this is just tragic. I have a few things to touch on, sorry I didn't reply before but I didn't have internet for a few days.

I'm glad none of our HO's were injured, but i'm so bothered by the loss of life. I'm perhaps more bothered by the way some people behaved during this. One man put his four month old baby on the GROUND, no car seat, no shelter nothing...and then ran out of the building. He also left behind his girlfriend and their four year old daughter. The girlfriend got shot twice in the leg when she put herself in the path of a bullet that would have hit her daughter, and then when she was on the ground with her four year old...she saw her baby on the ground. She ended up getting the baby and getting herself, her infant and the small child out of the building, but wow...I can only think 'what a douche' about the man and that doesn't even begin to encompass my rage at the man.

There have been other stories that have touched my heart, like that of the 12 or 13 year old boy who tried to save the 6 year old girl after she was shot...

...and then there's just this sense of needless. I can't put it into more clear words than that. Totally needless loss of life.

In regards to westboro...*sigh* I wish they would just go away. There was one city in recent months that they went to, where cab drivers parked behind their cars blocking them in, and then went to the memorial service. They called the police, and made a huge stink about it. The police weren't too diligent in contacting tow trucks or the like and after the service the owners of the vehicles came and moved them with a 'stern warning' to not park illegally from law enforcement.

It's looking like the court case is going to take some time...I don't know if Co is a death penalty state, but I think life without parole isn't adequate in this instance.

Very long article from the DailyMail

Two things - more or less - the prosecution is seeking the death penalty, no surprise there and though I'm normally against the death penalty this is one of those cases where I find it completely appropriate. The perp basically got caught with the smoking gun in his hands - sorry, they'd have done us all a favour had they 'accidentally' shot him on the spot!

I'd hate to be the public defender for this case, the only hope they have is 'criminal insanity'.

< sarcasm > Poor baby, his girlfriend left him and after dropping out of school he was going to be evicted from school housing. Ya know, shit appens - but when you bring it down on yourself and then take it out on society I don't hold much with 'criminally insane'. Maybe I should be more sympathetic, but there are really times I find it really, really hard to have any sympathy at all. Kill a 6 year old kid, who you don't know and whose parents you don't know, just because ... because of what???

<< tears >>