1 year old siberian husky scrotum question

allen

Does my dog have problems with his ball sack?

its kind of red around the hairs surrounding this scrotum.

The other day he spent the night with a 7 year old female husky and I'm not sure how clean she was down there.

Check the picture and let me know how you guys feel.

Thank You

post-5190-13586060328727_thumb.jpg

It appears that he's been licking himself, by the pinkish color of the white fur. Saliva tends to stain white fur that color. If he did breed this female, or even if he was simply aroused by her, he might well have been licking himself more than usual. In the case that he did, indeed breed her, I strongly suggest that both dogs' hips be x-rayed to make sure that neither has hip dysplasia, and that their eyes be checked by a veterinary ophthalmologist to make sure that they do not have any genetic eye diseases they might pass on to their puppies. His hips won't be eligible to be certified as normal until he's 2, which is why it's advisable to not breed a dog until they've reached that age - and had the appropriate health tests done!

Additionally, at 7 years of age, she's definitely on the older end of the spectrum to be having puppies, so extra caution with her health should be taken!!! Whelping is often more difficult, and a c-section might be necessary...

i didn't breed these dogs. just had the female dog over for the night to keep my dog busy. they were playing all night and worn out by morning. I'm not sure if they were humping or not but i just left them in the back yard over night. he seems to be licking his scrotum more than usual so should this be a concern?

Yeah I'd have to agree the lack of responsibility here is shocking. Do you have any idea if the bitch was in season? Was there traces of blood near his penis or on the bitch's rear legs? I'd suggest telling the owner of the bitch that she might have been bred so they can decide the next course of action, she can be aborted which is suggestible given her age and the pairs lack of health clearances. He should be neutered to prevent 'accidents' like this from happening in the future if you are not going to be more responsible.

Leaving the obvious point of not letting two un neutered dogs go unattended, I'm not sure where your going with this.

Please forgive me if this sounds rude but It sounds like you're saying that you think the other dog gets around a bit and may possibly have given your dog an STI. I know. I know. This sounds absolutely ridiculous, but that's how it sounded.

In response to your picture, I agree with Sutsibe, it does look like he's been licking. Is he unwell otherwise? Any visible marks to suggest he's been injured?

It's hard to tell from the picture but it does just look like staining. If he's been licking excessively and seems in pain or irritated I would take him in for a quick check up but if he's not uncomfortable then I wouldn't worry so much about it. My GSD mix licks alot after he's done something or seen something that's overly excited him. I just watch him make sure he isn't nomming it intensely or anything

he's been acting normal just licks his balls and i seen the red and wondered if it was an issue or not. i left them two unattended to have fun. you don't expect me to lose sleep just to watch these two animals play together. thanks for the info guys

he's been acting normal just licks his balls and i seen the red and wondered if it was an issue or not. i left them two unattended to have fun. you don't expect me to lose sleep just to watch these two animals play together. thanks for the info guys

Do you know if the bitch is in season at the moment?

"Play" isn't the issue we're concerned about, and it would seem by your original question that you aren't, either... None of us are vets, despite the experience we may have - and yes, there is an STD that dogs can get which can be quite serious - brucellosis. Our concern is for first the dogs' safety and health, and uncontrolled breeding can cause damage to either male or bitch, not to mention the risks of pregnancy, especially with an older bitch. Secondly, we are concerned for the health of the breed, not wanting dogs who potentially have genetic diseases to be part of the gene pool, producing puppies that could too-easily have genetic problems which could cause a life-time of pain, or even death... Thirdly, if she is in season, her owner(s) will have to deal with the potential of having puppies - with all the risks and potential expenses that entails...

I truly don't mean to be rude or unkind, but part of having and loving this breed of dog involves being a responsible caretaker of the breed!

oh no doubt of course I'm concerned if he does have an STD or not. That was the original reason why I asked the question of his scrotum being a little bit red. But from what I've gathered from this thread it seems that my dog is in his normal behavior. I'll bring him to a vet and see whats good with him. Thanks

:duh:

What's that suppose to mean erinc?

It is suppose to express how I feel in regards to your ignorance. You don't seem to understand the possible consequences of your irresponsibility and its the dog(s) that are going to suffer, not you.

I can't begin to explain to you how grateful you should be to the people who have had the patience to reply back to you constructively. Please please please do not leave your dog alone again with her unsupervised. Breeding can be so dangerous for the male, and during the tie, the female must be kept calm. Grow up and realise that your actions, or the lack of them do have consequences which you will be responsible for.

My replies till now have been pointless, purely because I've been trying to work out if you were pulling our leg because I was gobsmacked that you were actually being serious! Anyway, love your dog and look after him how he deserves to be looked after.

It is suppose to express how I feel in regards to your ignorance. You don't seem to understand the possible consequences of your irresponsibility and its the dog(s) that are going to suffer, not you.

I can't begin to explain to you how grateful you should be to the people who have had the patience to reply back to you constructively. Please please please do not leave your dog alone again with her unsupervised. Breeding can be so dangerous for the male, and during the tie, the female must be kept calm. Grow up and realise that your actions, or the lack of them do have consequences which you will be responsible for.

My replies till now have been pointless, purely because I've been trying to work out if you were pulling our leg because I was gobsmacked that you were actually being serious! Anyway, love your dog and look after him how he deserves to be looked after.

If you can't be civil, best to not post. I don't care if what the op has done is less than responsible, calling someone ignorant is uncalled for.

Closing this post.

Sent from HTC with Tapatalk2