What are your hobbies?

Mazz

I have several hobbies.

Probably the worst hobby I enjoy is computers. Not very good at it, but I built my own, and when people at work have a problem, most often they call me rather than the IT department.

Photography has been a hobby of mine for years. Though of late, I've sort of let it slip.

Target shooting is a new hobby for me. I have a pistol and a rifle, and we have a gun range just a few minutes drive from home. Again, not very good at it, but that's OK.

And then having Huskies. That's probably the most rewarding of all.

Hobbies....hmmm when do I have the time! LOL but things I enjoy outside of my work and my dogs at home time include- dog showing, competitive pistol shooting, photography, riding my ATV or horses, gardening (I'm new to this one!), and spending time with the hubby :D

I do have some hobbies beyond my never-ending quest for time, energy and money to live a life with hobbies....

* Fabric Dyeing---mostly silks and cottons, I play with scarves, shirts and socks and make gifts from time to time and try to save any stained clothing to recycle by experimenting with different dyeing techniques. Have been unable to do much of this over the last two years, but it's a goal to get back into now that our finances have improved.

* Writing---have several unfinished preschool type stories, and two writings going about life, and have been writing poetry since I was a child, with one thing published 17yrs ago.

* Road Trips-- Day or weekend vacations (camping) to destinations, for no other reason than driving by and through and seeing the scenery or stopping to see the obscure attraction with some history or fame behind it that doesn't cost any money, but mostly my husband and I enjoying each others company and playing tourist close to home.

*Going to see Live Music

*Camping

*Being a lazy bum on my laptop with the TV on late at night!

Hobbies??? - Doesn't that imply having some free time? At the moment, dogs (our own and welfare) and family take up most of my time, although I still make time for reading as much as possible (i-phones are great - you can take your library with you wherever you go!).

Most of the things I enjoy now are dog or family related - running/showing the dogs, cooking, photography etc.

Back in the day, before I was ancient, I loved Rock Climbing, Mountaineering, Motorbikes, Rugby and Athletics but I don't get to do much of that stuff anymore: Shame really! It was great:

(By the way - that isn't me in the photo - I was hanging on one-handed taking the photo. I used to instruct kids in Rock Climbing.)

Wales7.jpg

Mick

Photographing - Learned everything myself, bought a DSLR and am mostly using it to photographing animals

Filming - I love capturing videos. I've learn a lot about filming something in the right way (angle, direction, light) in an uncontrolled environment with, for example, animals in it

Editing - Of course, actually editing the videos together and trying to get the right atmosphere is also a hobby of me :)

Programming - I've been doing this since I was 8 years or so? Started with Visual Basic 6, and moved to Python, php and Javascript later on.

Designing - I like having a program or a function in my mind and trying to get the right design for it that other's will understand. Works good for websites :)

Making music - Yep, I make music too, lol. I don't sing though, I just compose.

Animals - Of course, anything that involves animals. I grab any opportunity to learn more about animals and wolves in specific.

Writing - Not something I've been doing recently but I still intend on ending one of the many stories I started writing. One of that reached page 150 and I felt I was still at 10% into the story, that's how many things I had in mind with it, lol.

The bad thing is that I always want to do all of them at the same time :rolleyes:

Whatever time off my dog allows me is spent reading( bless the Kindle), or playing in the kitchen. I love to cook and bake, and now I'm beginning to understand the computer I spend hours researching, adapting, and creating recipes. I'm also working on starting a line of aprons and matching accessories. I want to look cute covered in flour!

Right now, I only have time for Zoya it seems. Since we got her and especially since we found out she has heart problems, everything else has taken a back seat to her. But I do like to read (and like Circe, I say bless the Kindle too!). I watch baseball, write, scrapbook, dabble with beads, garden, cook, hike, we (my boys and I) love music...listening, discussing, going to concerts.

Right now..it is Zoya, reading, watching baseball. I do something loosely described as cooking. I have gardens...and lots of weeds!

Jos, I don't think there are enough hours in a day for you :)

That's totally true :oops I actually forgot quite a few, including playing with/modifying Linux.

I haven't even included other things I do when I'm bored. I would love to live on a planet where a day is 40 hours long :P