How much should one pay for getting dog neutered?

klphuskgsd

That's a lot of money! I rang a few different vets (in the south east) and the average was around £100-120. For a Spey which is far more invasive it was around £130-150. Boys with undescended testicles were charged Spey rates. Bear weighed 30.5 kg when she was spayed and it cost £150. Not sure why you are being quoted so much. Did they give you an explanation?

My vets quoted me £180 for a bitch spay, but I contacted Dogs Trust as I was a student at the time and they sent me a voucher to get her spayed for £30 - they payed the vets another £30 or something. If you're on benefits or low income etc, visit the Dogs Trust website and check out their neutering scheme as you might be eligible.

Seems so cheap!!, Must be expensive in Canada.

My vet gave me a quote for Panda. $600 for Laser Surgery. I can however sign up with ospca and get that done for about $70.

The line would be quite long.

That's the same as down south. I thought things were slightly cheaper up north? Urban myth???

I think possibly vet dependant. My daughter's paid what I considered higher amounts for treatment for her cat. Since a pets at home vet opened it seems more reasonable. She lives in Wiltshire

I asked for you today and VETS4PETS charge £120 which includes check up , op, meds and follow up appointment to check wound. that price refers to under 25 kilos.

I got my vacs4 life sorted today which cost £106 including todays booster and a kennel cough vaccine. - I'm well chuffed with them. Also nice staff, clean modern premises, knowledgeable Vet.

Put a rubber band around them...they will fall off....cheapest route......

Serious note I paid 60 us dollars for Ice....Shadow was already done when I got him.

*please don't do the rubber band trick....although it works.....it can be very costly in the long run.....

I've had two females done in the last year and they both cost me close to $500 in us dollars each, but then again, that's California for you...everything costs more here, at least it always seems like it!

:eek:

Good luck!