Dog Hairs!!!!

Cherrie-Nanook-Indy

Aaaaarrrgggghhhhh

Indy is blowing his coat since like forever or so it feels like! Bloody dog hairs!! They are even in my washing machine, I have to clean that before I can wash the clothes then they come out still looking like he's rolled all over them!!!!

Whew that's better - rant over lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too feel your pain and frustration. Both of mine are blowing their coats BIG TIME. I used an expensive branded car dashboard cleaner which was supposed to stop static. Doesn't work and within 24 hours my dashboard still looked like it's carpeted. Also I want to know why is it that husky hair sticks to dark colours more than light?

Aaaaarrrgggghhhhh

Indy is blowing his coat since like forever or so it feels like! Bloody dog hairs!! They are even in my washing machine, I have to clean that before I can wash the clothes then they come out still looking like he's rolled all over them!!!!

Whew that's better - rant over lol

Oh sooo know what you mean!!.I spend ages picking dog hairs off our washing before putting it in the machine!!Kids socks are the worst.Then have to sticky roller everything before ironing it.! Hairs in our meals,sometimes in the kids sandwiches(yuk!)and all over the house and just about everywhere.!Sadly though we are fighting a losing battle....Arghh..I surrender!!:rolleyes:

welcome to the furry world of husky owners

we are just used to the fluff now.... doesnt matter how much you hoover there will always be fur.... in food/fresh washing and anywhere you can think of...

even when every room is hoovered one of my dogs will shake off or scratch and it looks bad again

id say get used to it

welcome to the furry world of husky owners

we are just used to the fluff now.... doesnt matter how much you hoover there will always be fur.... in food/fresh washing and anywhere you can think of...

even when every room is hoovered one of my dogs will shake off or scratch and it looks bad again

id say get used to it

I'm all too used to it unfortunately lol we have just spent this morning sweeping and mopping the downstairs, 2 mins out of their crates and I might have well not bothered lol. The things we put up with for our furry babies :)

does bathing them help?, Storm is losing fur but still quite slow and I would like the worst of it over before we start back at work/school

i believe a warm bath is advanageous. i also believe @sutsibe replied to a question on grooming, i'll see if i can find it

found it! A warm/relatively hot bath will help loosen up the coat so that it comes out more quickly. If your groomer has a high-speed blow dryer, it can also be a real help in getting the fur out more quickly. I have one of my own, and will often use it on the dogs while they're dry, to get as much of the shedding coat out, then give a very warm bath, allow them to air dry (because I'm lazy!), and then use the blow dryer along with a comb or a rake to remove as much of the newly-loosened fur as possible.

Edited by loops
add quote

does bathing them help?, Storm is losing fur but still quite slow and I would like the worst of it over before we start back at work/school

Yes,bathing definitely helps.We bathed all our 4 last Friday,and loads of fur then came out.It was a windy day,and the garden had fur flying around everywhere,we felt awful for the neighbours!.:eek:Took them all out for a walk and brushed them and loads more came out.Same next day,so yes,it definitely helps loosen the hair and speed up the process!!:rolleyes: