I really need some help peeps :(

Sparks

ok here goes.....

some of you may know that recently my mum was taken ill, I'm not going to go into that now. Well she is just about ready to come home but the doctor has refused to let her home while Yogi is there :(

now I've tried nearly everything to get this sorted but nothing is working. And my family are not helping at all, they have threatened to get rid of him etc, they don't even care about him.

So this is where I hope someone could help me out for a bit, would it be possible for anyone to take Yogi in for a bit, i don't want to have to re-home him :(

now i just have to say this, im not in the mood for any stupid comments if you have nothing to add then please just close the thread and i will sort something out myself, all i've had for the last week or so is people telling what i should do which is actually impossible and i cant take no more of it. im not being nasty i just dont want to deal with it anymore.

Thanks Sparks.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no Sparks, i'm so sorry. :grouphug:

If temporarially rehoming Yogi to a fellow HO is what you have to do, would you feel comfortable posting a little information about him for the fellow HO users to read or would you prefer them to privately inbox you for more info? I'm a bit pissed with myself now, because I would love to help out myself but I'm far too sure that Ice will not take well to a new addition and I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to yogi. methinks the food aggression and resource guarding may reappear with avengance. :(

There are people on here who foster huskies, Isn't Jules one? Maybe somebody like this could advice you or maybe even have a space available for him? Might be worth a try having a quiet word, you never know until you ask!

I'm trying to think of anything else I can to try and give you some ideas but I'm guessing you've already asked those around you, friends and family members. Which is why you're here right now. Oh Sparks, make sure Molly gives you a massive hug soon. I think you could do with one right now xxx

If temporarially rehoming Yogi to a fellow HO is what you have to do, would you feel comfortable posting a little information about him for the fellow HO users to read or would you prefer them to privately inbox you for more info? I'm a bit pissed with myself now, because I would love to help out myself but I'm far too sure that Ice will not take well to a new addition and I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to yogi. methinks the food aggression and resource guarding may reappear with avengance. :(

There are people on here who foster huskies, Isn't Jules one? Maybe somebody like this could advice you or maybe even have a space available for him? Might be worth a try having a quiet word, you never know until you ask!

I'm trying to think of anything else I can to try and give you some ideas but I'm guessing you've already asked those around you, friends and family members. Which is why you're here right now. Oh Sparks, make sure Molly gives you a massive hug soon. I think you could do with one right now xxx

its the normal husky things really, you have to show who is the boss, as soon as you show any weakness he will pick up on it and try and take advantage of it.

he's not to fond of bigger males, he doesnt like being dominated and likes to be alpha really. but after a couple of walks in a neutral place he is fine.

he is crate trained and everything, prefers to eat alone as he is on his own here.

if anyone would like any more info feel free to PM me :)

thanks Sparks. Hopefully someone will come forwards but if your situation becomes more urgent I was wondering if maybe a fellow member of admin could help you to get in touch a local 'husky oweners' fosterer who may be able to help or know of more dog fosterer's in your area that could. If he's relatively close maybe it would make visiting Yogi more easy, until you're able to take him back. that's all of my brain quota for the day used up for now. Take care xx

Ofcourse i will give him lots of hugs :) I've done all i can from 130+ miles away. Now we just have to see :)

[MENTION=858]Sparks[/MENTION] you know i'd take him in a heartbeat if i could but my 3 are tripping over each other as it is now without adding another to the pack. Sorry, i know you'll get it sorted :) Just need a boot up the backside :P

I would've taken him if you couldnt find anywhere he didn't seem to like shadow though. If it was just Skye would be no problems well then again she seems to think she's the boss!

I really hope you do find somewhere and I know how you feel due to going through a similar thing I know it wasn't the same but I thought I'd have to rehome shadow and it's horrible :(

Edited by Stormy
Added more rather than make another post

I echo what others have said, im not sure hed get on here. Storms submissive but angel is dominant and i dont think yogi would like that. :( plus its a bit mad and noisy in my house with the kids. I hope you find someone sparky. Love n hugs xx

i would have to talk to my partner and what is yogi like with other huskies ? also i have a young child how is yogi around them ?

As i was in the same sort of perdicerment not long ago . with nova nova is a playful but kinda a big softy and i am in birmingham so wales isnt to far .

pm me if you still need some one .

and im sorry i know how horrid this situation is :(

I'm so sorry Sparks :( It must be heart breaking.

I'd happily have him, but as my Boyfriend isn't the biggest dog person (to put it lightly) who's made his feelings at the moment over another dog clear it'll be a resounding n-o from him. Plus you're a fair bit away, and I'm sure you'd want to be able to get to see him easily? I'll ask my Boyfriend tonight anyways, don't ask don't get and all that :)

Would it be a long or short term thing?

thanks everyone.

he can be a little grumpy with other huskies, but after the initial meeting he is fine, Me and Molly got Yogi and D together a couple of times and they were fine and he usually is not a huge fan of male huskies.

he is great with children. My Brother has a baby and he lets her take his toys out of his mouth etc... he has always been around kids, he is a big people fan :)

I have a couple of options at the moment, one a local kennels may be able to hold him there for a week or two, and Claire Wizadora has offered to hold him for a bit too :)

i've fostered quite a few moody males before, and i don't mind having him for aslong as you need, just need to get moved house first and have new fences put up in garden. x will let you know as soon as we're sorted. x

i've fostered quite a few moody males before, and i don't mind having him for aslong as you need, just need to get moved house first and have new fences put up in garden. x will let you know as soon as we're sorted. x

Thank you so much Claire, i cant thank you enough :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100

If you're still struggling...I know this may sound nutty, but have you tried Craigslist. We took in timber from there with the same story as you're saying now. We've actually rehomed him permanently, as the owners mom will be around quite awhile, but we send pics and updates and get together. The story on Craigslist is what caught us and we couldn't say no. Wasn't planning on having 3 dogs, but they worked their differences out, and we're all lovin now...with a few tassels:rolleyes: Maybe putting you're story out there will get you some help!