2012 Olympics

Osinn11

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some more Gold medals for Team GB today which hs been good, Sir Chris Hoy winning his 5th Olympic Gold Medal, I dont think (Sir-to-be) Brad Wiggins greatest british olympian record will survive these games...

Shame about the Team GB Female Team Sprint tea being disqualified at the take over, and it seems a silly rule as how can they be expected to see a tiny mark of tape on the floor going that speed off the corner, and then the China team who won the Gold Medal then go and get dsqualfied and relegated to Silver because of the same error.... This is the same error that cost 4 teams at the World championships and they seriously need to look at putting a more visible mark at where they can start the take over.... This cost Team Gb a guaranteed Silver and possible Gold and definatly cost China a Gold medal.

The whole badminton fiasco caused alot of news etc.. I can kind of see it from both sides, the fact that they have done the draw using grups etc meant that teams from the same country did want to avoid each other and perhaps not finish first in the group but second to allow them an easier run to the final... But then I can see the committee's point of iew, where they did turn it int a fiasco by deliveratly serving into the net etc to lose, is against the olympic spirit in that they wernt trying their hardest to win. ITs a case of Tactics or 'Good viewing' i guess...

LOL at Canada...!

We've only got 2 silver, and 5 bronze. Which puts us in 27th place overall.

1. China (Of course!)

2. U.S (Of course)

3. Korea

4. U.K

We are supposed to be the world champs at rowing, but did we win any gold at rowing? NO! (Though, we did win 2 silver...)

I agree [MENTION=7]Dunc[/MENTION], all the athletes have my utmost respect and admiration. At the moment I am rather fascinated with archery. One of the contestants said he has shot 600 arrows every day for four years in preparation - that is dedication people like me cannot even begin to understand. But I am so thankful he had the dedication, because it is amazing to watch him do what he does so well.

So far SA have 3 gold, no silver and no bronze :)

At the moment with only three medals (all are gold) we are 11th overall - got no idea how that works :confused:

Not sure how up-to-date this is:

http://www.london2012.com/medals/medal-count/

Gold is worth more than the rest so 5 g and 10000 silver or 6g and 0 silver then the later will be higher cos they have more gold. Silver and bronze are only used when gold is equal between countries

I swam and played water polo all through school...I am truely amazed at how fast these athletes are....and I am not just talking about the ones winning medals! Simply amazing!!! I do find it strange that almost all male swimmer now wear caps instead of shaving down.

I'm afraid it's over for team Indonesia :( we're extremely good at badminton always secured the gold medal since 1992 but this year we lost it =\ the newspaper says it's all over for us Indonesian :( I don't wanna believe it tho >_< there MUST be other sports we're good at!