Hello! Help needed please!

mjonathan24

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to let them name themselves; I had a mixed breed who had some pups, one of them always wanted attention but when I picked him up there was always a spray of dust from him ( reminded me of the little guy on Linus who always had a dirt cloud around him ) he became Dusty, his sister, a ruddy red girl became Rusty. Good pups but just didn't fit the Husky so they went on to other homes. (( and I *really* did not need 5 - 9 dogs!! ))

Give them a chance, you'll see something, otherwie there several threads here about how to name them using Inuit ( and other "native" names )

I keep on looking at the pics I took just waiting for inspiration to come my way... So far it hasn't.

Keep the suggestions coming! Me and my girlfriend are useless at deciding upon things :-)

to be completely honest, Al has got it right, when we got parker home, he didnt have a name for a while, wasnt till we noticed that he was into everything like a Nosey parker that we came up with him name :)

Hi and WavingWelcome.gif - They're adorable!

I frequently come up with a list of names that appeal to me, sometimes from songs - I may use a song title as the registered name, and something related as what I call the dog - Tux, below, is registered "Sutula's Sharp Dressed Man", for example, Sometimes the name I pick is related to a parent or grandparent's name - many years ago when I was showing, I bred to a dog named "Nathaniel" - his daughter became Ariel, her daughter was Gabrielle, her grandson was Raphael, and his son is now Ezekiel... I usually wait to see what the puppy is like before I truly name it, though. Sometimes I'll try a couple of different names, and s/he won't respond to one, but seems to pick another as what s/he prefers! I have a girl now, who much prefers Jasmine to Jazz!

my boy was already named ne-yo ... after the singer / rapper .... we changed it to neo . as in the matrix .. which is where ne-yo got his name from anyway .... believe me ... there is only 1 neo ... aka asbo dog ..... welcome to the forum and good luck naming your 2 very cute pups ...:)