• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ours have destroyed 2 sofas.

they start with a rip and a bit of the foam

(out comes the gaffer tape)

then they enlarge it.

(buy more gaffer tape, Arms of the sofa are mostly gaffer tape by now.)

Then they discover the wooden frame is nice to chew on.

(gaffer tape is pointless by now)

Well we were bored so we did the cushions as there's not much foam left on the arms.

(phew we still have some gaffer tape left)

Finished the cushions, rip up the fabric covering the springs.

(thanks guys just discovered where all the missing cutlery has gone to, down the sides and inside the sofa)

Time to get the chainsaw out hack up the threadbare wooden frame and take it down the tip.

Down to the Charity shop and purchase a cheap second hand sofa.

Repeat as often as necessary.

Duvets and pillows have gone in the bedrooms.

Finding the contents of the bin all over the floor and garden is a common occurrence.

(even after putting it up on the table or sides.)

We have child locks on all the cupboards AND fridge after coming home

to find the pantry door open and contents of a new 10kg sack of rice has been distributed all over the kitchen floor.

Another time finding the fridge door open and half the contents mysteriously missing.

Also the oven pans get a daily cleaning if we don't secure the oven.

(can't put child lock on that they melt with the heat!!)

In fact it seems the only safe place in the house to put stuff is on top of the fridge-freezer which is 6ft tall.

Fortunately the destruction seems to have stopped as they are all over 2 years old. (fingers crossed)

But they daily foraging when we go out is something we live with.

Ah. . . but you think why don't you crate them. . .????

genius. . . Why didn't we think of that ??.

Because we haven't found one that survives more than a couple of days.

We were looking at something built to house a Silverback mountain gorilla. . .

but it was out of our price range. . . sigh.

Living with Huskies.

We must be insane. :P

Repeat as often as necessary.

Ah. . . but you think why don't you crate them. . .????

genius. . . Why didn't we think of that ??.

Because we haven't found one that survives more than a couple of days.

We were looking at something built to house a Silverback mountain gorilla. . .

but it was out of our price range. . . sigh.

Living with Huskies.

We must be insane. :P[/quote

Great lines here! Can't get over repeat as often as necessary! :D

post-2509-13586065102826_thumb.jpgJack decided he needed to lick off the grill and Jessy had a panty raid!

There's another one of some stuff Jessy took off the counter and shredded in the living room, but can't find the photo. These are little compared to some of the destruction already on display. Guessing we are very fortunate!!!:bananadance1:

post-2509-13586065102029_thumb.jpg

Edited by HuskyHijinx

Wow. I thought Wizard was bad. I lost all the pictures when my memory card decided to format itself. I lost 150 out of 174 pictures. In those I had a picture of a huge bag of top soil all over my living room. I heard about how huskies like to dig the yard, but i didnt know he would dig the bag of dirt and make my living room look like a garden. That was pretty easy to clean. However, the 2 couches and leather recliner were not so lucky...

I shouldn't laugh I know, but I think these photo's/anecdotes are hilarious. I haven't got any photo's to share as I'm usually too busy spitting and hissing at the culprits when I find something's been destroyed, but here's my humble little list:

- various socks belonging to Molly's dad

- 6 pint plastic milk containers, inc milk (Timber - frequently)

- insoles of my trainers (Molly)

3 duvets (Molly)

- the post. I have to rush to the door each morning to get it otherwise Molly will eat it.

- the back door (Molly)

- An outside waste pipe (Timber - but that was my fault because I tied him to it so I could bath him, and he walked away pulling the whole thing off the wall.)

- several garden fence panels (Molly)

- raiding of bin bags (Timber)...personally, I blame the bin men; if they collected the rubbish weekly instead of fortnightly there'd be no problem.:rolleyes:

So, I think the prize for being a thuglet in my household goes to Molly, and here she is in her s.w.a.g gear:

post-5833-13586065533433_thumb.jpg

Luka hasn't been horribly bad. But his list for only being 5 months old isn't small:

MULTIPLE socks.

the straps off sports bras.

my dresser.

scratched up our brand new bed.

panties/boxers.

the tags off of pillows, duvets, etc.

my garden shovel.

a leash.

multiple rolls of toilet paper.

the baseboard in my old apartment bathroom.

the kitchen cabinet in my old apartment.

some towels.

i think that's most of it. i'll have to upload some pictures of my dresser. it's the worst and it makes me so sad.

These used to be the OH's sunglasses........Oakleys. Never worn. Ryn decided they should die.

Thankfully her daddy just asked if she thought killing them was an appropriate behaviour. (She put herself into 'time-out' in her crate.)

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=53083&d=1342910137

[MENTION=5833]molly's_mum[/MENTION]. Mollie a thuglet - butter wouldn't melt in her mouth - I don't think. She looks so angelic but there is definitely a fun loving demon lurking inside. Thank goodness you can't blame Bo and Ollie for teaching her those tricks. I know it makes a change!