but WHY? :(

mydiamond

thanks for all the replies guys :) I'm still trying to bring Dime with me somehow.. preferably someone in the same country so that I can see him if I missed him. The thing is I haven't met the requirements to apply just yet so will have to wait until I finally speak to people from the uni ( [MENTION=7406]LittleLuka[/MENTION] in Indonesian, "college" translates to "universitas" and that's why I lean to the term "university" more :P ) =\

[MENTION=3404]SolitaryHowl[/MENTION] well Iowa sounds like a beautiful place :P I *might* move to Canada at some point tho x)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you going there on scholarship? Most universities do require freshmen to stay on year in the dorms. Maybe find a way to post thru the university paper your situation. Someone may take your situation in and help you out!

I searched for scholarships but it looks like they only offer scholarships to students with financial problems =\ I do plan on emailing the staff about my situation but I still have to prepare Plan B in case the answer is a strict "no"

Most universities offer scholarships to students from abroad. If you haven't completed the application process there yet, you should really look into others that are strong in the area of study that you want to go into, and offer scholarships. All states have beautiful areas, with outstanding universities. Consider first what you want to study, then find strong universities with that background, look into their scholarships, apply, get accepted, and then post a classified ad in their local papers. You surely will find support in your college community for Dime! School starts here typically in August though, so if you don't get on this quickly you'll have to wait until January or next August!

Most universities offer scholarships to students from abroad. If you haven't completed the application process there yet, you should really look into others that are strong in the area of study that you want to go into, and offer scholarships. All states have beautiful areas, with outstanding universities. Consider first what you want to study, then find strong universities with that background, look into their scholarships, apply, get accepted, and then post a classified ad in their local papers. You surely will find support in your college community for Dime! School starts here typically in August though, so if you don't get on this quickly you'll have to wait until January or next August!

I personally like Iowa because that way I'd be able to attend the Iowa Camp :redface1: and it sounds like there'll be tons of international students in ISU too :D that way lots of people would be on the same boat with me LOL I've checked University of Northern Iowa (UNI) but I don't feel comfortable with the chance of being the only international student in a campus where 90% of the incoming freshmen is an Iowan :(

other states... I don't know, the Indonesian educational page recommends this uni, and after reading more about Iowa it already sounded like a dream neighborhood to me :oops but I'll have another look around :D

EDIT: oh here we go again. How do you put this in a proper English sentence??? "I wanna major in education"? "I wanna study education"? "I'm majoring in education"??? Can't I just say "I wanna be a teacher" :confused:

Actually, Northern Iowa (UNI) has the better teaching program... And I think that there are quite a few "foreign" students enrolled. I do most of my shopping (and currently work) in Cedar Falls, and when I stop by Walmart to pick up various items I need, there are usually a fair number of Asians to be seen shopping in there. It's a town that is fairly upscale and ethnically diverse.