Morning walk

kper

On a walk yesterday morning along the river bottom. Normally this area is a few hundred feet wide and about 15-20 feet deep with quickly moving water but now it's only a trickle. What's left of the old bridge that was destroyed in the floods of '93 can be seen and the dam is behind that around the corner. There used to be a ferry crossing there and many old pilings can be seen now with the water down.

It's a good place to let Ahna run off the lead until the water returns. Just thought I'd share.

post-5551-13586062472055_thumb.jpg

post-5551-13586062472521_thumb.jpg

post-5551-13586062472887_thumb.jpg

We finally had some rain last night. Not sure how much but for the first time this morning I felt a bit chilly walking with shorts on!

:rolleyes:Unlike here then,where it's always a bit chilly with your shorts on!!.Can't help being jelly of your dry weather,know I shouldn't complain but we have just had our 1st dry week all Summer.!.However,all back to normal again today with heavy showers,wet dogs ,muddy paws etc!What a relief as I was getting used to the dry weather and we don't want that do we?!!:eek:

:D Too funny!

We remember living in England and telling family in the states that we loved the British summer, we just weren't sure what week it was going to be! We've heard about all the rain you've been having and after a while that has to get a bit depressing. I'll take the heat over the constant rain for sure. May sunny days find you before winter hits!

Edited by kper