How Hot Does it Get in a Parked Car Dr Ernie Ward

aronoiiel

Can you imagine what a poor dog would go through in those conditions? When we travel with ours, and need to stop for food, we get takeout, and stay with the dogs and get them out of the car on lead. It's challenging trying to eat food while hanging onto a lead with a dog at the other end, but we would never leave our Huskies alone in a car to suffer, while we sit in an air conditioned restaurant eating. Just could not do it.

Awesome video really puts the subject into perspective.

Great post

when we go out, we will pick places with a patio. usually fast food (somewhat healthy for us lol) or what not. or we'll stop and one of us will go in and get something to-go, then go to a park or something to eat, while the pups are able to be out and play and whatnot

I'm not sure where he is, but 120F isn't that hot! Okay, I'm not making excuses or reason or anything else - the temps in a car in Texas can and do reach the 140F+ and I do realize that 120F will kill a pet!

I often take Sasha with me when I go to town - small town - when I'm inside someplace she has water ( with ice if I can get it ), shade ( which is often the back of the jeep with the door and hatch open) She's on a 15 foot leash tied inside the vehicle but she can get out, she can get water and shade and she's not bashful about yelling for daddy!

It amazes and angers me that people will leave an animal in a vehicle while they go inside someplace cool!