Possession agression

I've mentioned before that Ni'cko has food aggression. We are working on that and he's 50% better. He is now developing possession aggression with things he finds and steals around the house.

He's find something and knows he's not allowed to have it so he takes off. We go to get it and he flips. He'll growl, show his teeth/gums and snap at us. He's much worse with my kids. He's bit Cameron while moving his food bowl a few weeks ago, (he's getting better with food aggression though), but he bit Caleb yesterday when he took off with a shoe and Caleb went to get it.

With the food we keep it until he realizes we are in control, but when he swipes something it's a completely different synerio.

He's the most playful loving dog until he wants to act like a child and fight over something he wants. I know from being a parent that kids do this, but when it's a child with razor sharp teeth it changes a bit...LOL!!!

Any advice??

Angel is the total same.

If she gets something while we are out, if I didnt spot it in time then I wont get it off her. Bin days are the worst.

Angel is crated while eating. and crated while the kids eat too.

No food is allowed to be left on the side and breakfast bowls have to be got rid of quickly too. Angel smashed my little girls china bowl the other week because she knocked it on the floor to get what was in it.

I dont know how to correct it, or stop it.

I just manage it.

Her toy possession has gotten better and the kids can play and take toys off of her now. Something which was impossible before. But I avoid giving meaty bones as that can be dangerous getting it off of her.