introducing kobe to new baby

Diarmuid

Hi guys,

Well me and my girlfriend are having another baby in 9 weeks time. We already have a 7 year old and Kobe is great with her.

post-6059-13586062963283_thumb.jpg

So i finished the babys room last week and Kobe is very interested in who is gonna be sleeping in here :)

Now kobe himself started sleeping outdoors last week and has been very good, infact i think he prefers it outdoors. So my main question is how do we introduce the the new baby (Taylor) when she arrives ?

Any Ideas !!!!!

I've always suggested bringing home a blanket that the new baby has been swaddled in to allow the husky to smell and get to know his new human sibling.

That's how we introduced Ryn to my granddaughter and the two of them are heart buddies for life!

Sending home a dirty diaper is also a good idea.

As for the actual first meeting, be sure that Kobi is well settled. I suggest being able to welcome mom home and get that excitement out of the way before he's introduced to baby.

I've always suggested bringing home a blanket that the new baby has been swaddled in to allow the husky to smell and get to know his new human sibling.

That's how we introduced Ryn to my granddaughter and the two of them are heart buddies for life!

Sending home a dirty diaper is also a good idea.

As for the actual first meeting, be sure that Kobi is well settled. I suggest being able to welcome mom home and get that excitement out of the way before he's introduced to baby.

Thats great thanks a mill for the the advice,

but for the dirty nappy i think ill pass on that yuk ha ha :)

HI,

We did this recently with our new daughter. Indy was 5 months old at the time but we introduced the baby clothes to him and the nappy, when she arrived Indy was in the kitchen and when the baby was in the moses basket we let him come close and sniff and enquire around the moses basket, he had a sniff and then just lay down and that was that. He has been great ever since. All dogs are different - i heard that carrying a toy doll helps them???

good luck and congratulations for when the baby arrives, enjoy your sleep or lack of :)

HI,

We did this recently with our new daughter. Indy was 5 months old at the time but we introduced the baby clothes to him and the nappy, when she arrived Indy was in the kitchen and when the baby was in the moses basket we let him come close and sniff and enquire around the moses basket, he had a sniff and then just lay down and that was that. He has been great ever since. All dogs are different - i heard that carrying a toy doll helps them???

good luck and congratulations for when the baby arrives, enjoy your sleep or lack of :)

Kobe will be 16 months old when the baby comes and i he is really hyper when i come in the house but generally a chilled out dog, he loves his naps during the day.

Thanks a mill Paul :)