So irresponsible...

Michelle Melsom

This guy on my facebook said that his dog got ahold of his w**d, didnt say how much just "a bunch of w**d" so I told him that he should probably take her to the vet or at least call asap to be on the safe side. You will not believe how many stupid people think it causes dogs the same effect as humans! They made comments like:

" oh get some dog bones its going to have munchies"

" It wont hurt her my cat hunts ours down and eats it all the time"

" you might want to film that"

" It wont do anything, w**d needs to be at high temperatures to activate the THC"

" don't worry she will just sleep"

" my puppy east weed all the time"

" My dogs climbed the pantry shelves and ate ant poison, glow sticks, and that do not eat stuff that comes in shoes hehe the w**d was definitely a treat compared to that :) she prob wont even get a buzz off two grams."

"lucky dog"

For one dogs and cats do not experience it the same as humans it can actually be pretty terrifying for them. It causes mental and physical damage (organ damage) I even quoted a line from a veterinary medical site

"When a dog ingests mar****na, a few different things can happen: the dog may get woozy, vomit, urinate involuntarily, and in some extreme cases, mar****na can cause seizures, comas and even death. During a study done in 2002, 250 cases of marijuana ingestion were reported to the ASPCA and two deaths resulted in those cases. While death is not a common occurrence, it shows that mar****na and pets are not something to take lightly."

It shows you how many irresponsible pet owners there are out there. They take this lightly or as joke when it could turn into something very serious...ERGH Maybe they have been doing it too much themselves...

(I used *** because I didn't know if I should use those words here? I think I had to do that last time i mentioned something like this)

some people have no to little concern over their pets.... im sure they were more concerned with having to buy more than to have their pet seen to by a vet professional!!!!

it makes me angry at the lack of care and that others find it highly amusing....

Yep, some people are just plain downright stupid!! While I don't care about your use of drugs (( we're all supposedly responsible adults, right )) when you leave it where a pet of worse a child can get to it - well, that's about my definition of stupid!

As humans we can exchange comments with friends and have some idea of what the effects we might expect to see are; pity the poor dog or cat who eats some and has no idea what's happening except it's probably not enjoyable!

I can relate to that. I went into a dentist who offered me nitros oxide - I'd never had it used on me before but understood that it would just help the tension. As he went further and further on with his work - a root canal if I remember right, I was in the chair a *long* time - he kept cranking up the volume of the gas, responding to my tension. When he took a break, he didn't think about reducing the flow and I got higher than a kite, uncomfortably high, OOB high ... h finally realized I was stressing out and cut it way back and when I cam back down enough I told him to turn it off! ... and I knew what was happening to me, pity the poor dog who has no idea!!

The fact that the dog was able to get hold of the *stuff* says a lot about the kind of person the owner is. Also the fact that he posted this on facebook. Isn't possession illegal in Canada?

If you're going to do illegal drugs, at least don't leave them lying around so your pets can reach it!

I feel really sorry for that dog...

Edited by persephona

The fact that the dog was able to get hold of the *stuff* says a lot about the kind of person the owner is. Also the fact that he posted this on facebook. Isn't possession illegal in Canada?

If you're going to do illegal drugs, at least don't leave them lying around so your pets can reach it!

I feel really sorry for that dog...

I believe in BC a certain amount is legal but this guys in Alberta and its not at all legal there :P Hes a stripper too btw, has a Rolex he just bought I'm sure he could afford to take his dog to the vets too.

I thought I would share some more lovely comments with you :

"My dog snagged my w**d a few times n she's fine actually calmed her down she's not so freakin crazy anymore lol"

"The dog doesnt need a vet...itll be fine. My friends pug who was only 10 weeks old at the time ate a whole quarter. He was f****d up and barfed all over. The dog was and is totally fine."

"Oh oh!!! A friends dog ate a whole pan of hash brownies a few months back. Mind you it was a Great Dane, but shit he was out of it for a few days. hope Cona is ok. Maybe try to make her throw up."

"my dog has done that LOTS. lol"

For the first quote I would say shes not crazy anymore because shes brain damaged now :P and the brownie one is just a double whammy of doom...chocolate and w**d? ARGH and the comment to make her throw up? really its a friggin monday and the vets are open don't do it yourself unless you have to..

And there was a couple of good comments, one was thanking me for posting from the vet site

"All these comments show how some ppl are too stupid to own animals......if your dog ate 2 grams and is small, it should be on the way to the vet...update your status on the way for **** sakes...I'm a vet assistant and has seen the effects on animals after THC intake...wether you think your dog will die or not-dont make him/her go through that. Call the vet, see if they have a half and hour intake time to do a stomach pump...I have two dogs and s.w.e.d ..never has one ate anything. Be more responsible...."

"If you don't know about animal medicine you shouldn't tell someone that they don't need to take their pet to a veterinarian. The w**d can do damage to her liver and kidneys. If you don't know what your talking about I advise you to keep you opinion to yourself."

Edited by Michelle Melsom
fixing some words :P

I believe in BC a certain amount is legal but this guys in Alberta and its not at all legal there :P Hes a stripper too btw, has a Rolex he just bought I'm sure he could afford to take his dog to the vets too.

<< snipped >>

I Wonder if the RCMP could use this as an admission of guilt. They say that criminals are really stupid, but posting that my dog had eaten my stash in a public forum seems to be really, really stupid!

What the ... am I reading? Could I be pm'd the link to this guy's fb, I'll gladly send a screenshot with a url to the authorities, although I'm from the other side of the world.

I wonder why no one in the comments suggested a w**d party for their dogs...:confused:

It's good some people backed you up there though!

What. A. Twit. He doesnt deserve to be responsible for looking after a dog, i dont even think he can look after himself is he leaves that stuff lying around. Like seriously how stupid do you have to be? I know exactly where id like to stick that w**d, probably shouldnt say though... God these kind of people REALLY tick me off !!! :arghh: