strange looking dog breeds

valkyries

Eww at the Bergamasco! What kind of hair style is that :S I don't hate the breed but I must admit that's not the best hair cut in the world :S anyways, let's add another one to the list :P

This one is strange in a cute way: Hungarian Pumi

post-2850-13586063115169_thumb.jpg

post-2850-13586063091303_thumb.jpg

This is a dog of my girlfriends sister next to a normal house cat.

post-5711-13586063119587_thumb.jpg

It's smaller than a cat, has only 1,3 kg, her legs are as thin as a pen, but I can't remember the name of this breed, I know that it's not recognized.

What's the funniest about this dog that her behaviour is almost exactly the same as my Kira, the begging for food, cuddeling, that digging move with all 4 legs, etc. And when she barks it's like a normal dog :S

Chinese Crested

chinese-crested.jpg

Steve's mate has two of these, we call them fuglies :redface1:

Personally i think the double-nosed breeds are the strangest. Lik the Andean Tiger Hound.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54576[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54577[/ATTACH]

Wowser!! I've never come across that before!! :confused:

The double-nosed andean tiger hound is believed to be a genetic anomaly of the andean tiger hound and isnt really a breed since there are only 3 which is the lighter colored one and that's an offspring of one named Bella. The staffy looking one is actually a staffy with a cleft pallett was a sad story out of The Sun in England where nobody would adopt him because of his deformity :(. Also apparently the tiger part in their name refers to jaguars and not tigers ....interesting O_O I had to nerd it out because i thought it was interesting haha apparently they come from Pachon Navarro which also look odd :P

post-5415-13586063158126_thumb.jpg

The black and tan terrier is the one I think is a registered breed.

I did realize the first was an am staff after I posted. As for the tiger hound, it is not likely that it was bred outside of their home country, similar to the Turkish Pointer which is another split nose breed, but they are recognized as a breed. It is possible that the tiger hound, as a split-nose breed, are going extinct. Its happened to many other breeds, including all the ones that went into the modern day Yorkshire Terrier.

Edited by jmscott

This is a dog of my girlfriends sister next to a normal house cat.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54573[/ATTACH]

It's smaller than a cat, has only 1,3 kg, her legs are as thin as a pen, but I can't remember the name of this breed, I know that it's not recognized.

What's the funniest about this dog that her behaviour is almost exactly the same as my Kira, the begging for food, cuddeling, that digging move with all 4 legs, etc. And when she barks it's like a normal dog :S

Looks like a min pin to me (miniature pinscher). They are recognized by AKC.