miserable and unhappy

:arghh:

my wedding ring is stuck on my finger, properly stuck.

Yes ive tried everything, its stuck nothing will get it off. Its about 2 sizes too small my finger grew with it on :(

its really getting a bit tight now and my finger gets tingly sometimes.

I saw a jeweller and she said it has to come off ASAP. or as in NOW.

But my ring will be ruined as the stones will more than likely pop off when they take it off my finger :(

It was a lot for us to afford this ring and we wont be able to afford another like it.:(

Ive been trying and failing to loose weight to get it off.

Its not happening. I have no willpower and cant loose anything.

Alex still thinks I can loose the weight if I stick to it, how long is that going to take?

Will I get it off before my finger goes blue?

:(

seems like hes thinking more of the money and the ring than my finger:(

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go with trying to loose weight, though it would be a gradual process. My Mom's on Weight Watchers, and she's doing awesome on it!

If you can't get it off (try using oil to lubricate your finger), then it'll have to be cut. You don't want to lose that finger, do you? :(

Hugs hun rings aren't that expensive anymore mum got a recent huge one n it was only a couple ov hundred ,, I'll find out what shop it was from xx

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

Its the sentiment nix its my wedding ring its important to me

have you tried tablets for water retention as my rings often go from rattling around my fingers to being really tight and its usually when I have a bit of water build up, maybe try them along with running your finger under cold water then using oil. Good luck. I know what you mean about wanting to save the ring as my engagement ring has lost a diamond and its always way down the list of things to buy.

have you tried tablets for water retention as my rings often go from rattling around my fingers to being really tight and its usually when I have a bit of water build up, maybe try them along with running your finger under cold water then using oil. Good luck. I know what you mean about wanting to save the ring as my engagement ring has lost a diamond and its always way down the list of things to buy.

Thanks for the tip. Shall try some. Cant hurt and will maybe help.with my.weight too

I got stung by a bee on my ring finger once, after putting up with it for about a day and a half, I headed to the ER since the blood was being cut off to the finger - getting blue and feeling really "tingly". While the Dr was heading to get some cutters, one of the nurses suggested trying some KY Jelly --- er, I don't know if that's what it's called on your side of the pond, but it's an especially good lubricant used for intimate moments when natural lubrication isn't doing the trick (( whew, not blushing too badly )) Okay, I'll admit that it felt like she was going to take my finger off with the ring, but she did get it off before the doctor got back.

I will, however, echo most everyone else, If you have choice between losing the finger or cutting the ring - cut the ring! Cutting it on the inside of your hand ( away from the setting ) should let them bend the ring enough to get it off without any damage to the setting, then you can take it to a jeweler and have it resized ...

I got stung by a bee on my ring finger once, after putting up with it for about a day and a half, I headed to the ER since the blood was being cut off to the finger - getting blue and feeling really "tingly". While the Dr was heading to get some cutters, one of the nurses suggested trying some KY Jelly --- er, I don't know if that's what it's called on your side of the pond, but it's an especially good lubricant used for intimate moments when natural lubrication isn't doing the trick (( whew, not blushing too badly )) Okay, I'll admit that it felt like she was going to take my finger off with the ring, but she did get it off before the doctor got back.

I will, however, echo most everyone else, If you have choice between losing the finger or cutting the ring - cut the ring! Cutting it on the inside of your hand ( away from the setting ) should let them bend the ring enough to get it off without any damage to the setting, then you can take it to a jeweler and have it resized ...

Nope its a diamond set ring.

The jeweller said the diamonds could pop out and theres like 0 chance of saving it.

It isnt too bad atm. It only feels odd when my hand is warm.

Trying to get it off is tricky because it then makes my finger swell for a few days.

Ditto. I was just going to say what Al did above, lol. Plenty of grease or very carefully cutting across the back of the ring, making sure the rest of the ring is intact. Should be able to reshape and resize for minimal cost. Not sure what kind of tool would work best, I only know coping saw/hack saw/chain saw. Probably best to avoid those, lol.

Edit: Oh, diamond set? Is that like an eternity ring, where the diamonds go all the way around? Bugger, not sure what to suggest now.

It's crap trying to lose weight:( Christ I know the feeling! I'm doing weight watchers not doing great but it is coming off slow,ly! But I have major crap weeks where all I can think about is maltesers! Lol

I would try cooling your f.inger down slowly then using a lubricant.

It doesnt really matter if it's an expensive ring or a c.heap one it's the emotional value! But I do love my finger a smidgen more than my rings:)

Good luck

Nope its a diamond set ring.

The jeweller said the diamonds could pop out and theres like 0 chance of saving it.

It isnt too bad atm. It only feels odd when my hand is warm.

Trying to get it off is tricky because it then makes my finger swell for a few days.

Metals dilate with hot temperatures... I would try keeping it under hot water (obviously make sure you don't scald yourself) and see if it comes off then! That's what I'd try to do... that and some lubricant, I suppose you could use some soap with the water. Hope this helps!

Metals dilate with hot temperatures... I would try keeping it under hot water (obviously make sure you don't scald yourself) and see if it comes off then! That's what I'd try to do... that and some lubricant, I suppose you could use some soap with the water. Hope this helps!

hmm thats an unusual one to try instead of running my hand under cold water thanks

Raise that hand above your heart for twenty minutes with ice pack on it. Lubricate then try. My sister had to have hers cut off, but the doc tried this method first. Maybe it'll work for you!

will try thanks

Ditto. I was just going to say what Al did above, lol. Plenty of grease or very carefully cutting across the back of the ring, making sure the rest of the ring is intact. Should be able to reshape and resize for minimal cost. Not sure what kind of tool would work best, I only know coping saw/hack saw/chain saw. Probably best to avoid those, lol.

Edit: Oh, diamond set? Is that like an eternity ring, where the diamonds go all the way around? Bugger, not sure what to suggest now.

half of the ring. the front bit.

I'd get another jewellers opinion as well. I dont see how a snip in the part of the ring not diamond covered would do so much damage. You only want to gain a couple of millimetres so you can slide it over your knuckle. Not open it up like it was hinged.

The raised hand one sounds promising. If you get your hand cold enough it may help mask the pain of attempting removal. Oh an don't forget the lube. With all the combined efforts it may just work.

Years ago when I was 15/16 I was given my mothers engagement ring. It was 18ct three diamond set. (not sure of the correct term) I very stupidly allowed a friend to try it on and it got stuck. She tried for four days to get it off and eventually went to the fire station and they cut the band on the inside of the palm. The ring remained intact and only needed soldering or whatever it is they do to stick it back together. The setting was fine, none of the diamonds were disturbed. Get a second opinion :)

Good luck

I'd get another jewellers opinion as well. I dont see how a snip in the part of the ring not diamond covered would do so much damage. You only want to gain a couple of millimetres so you can slide it over your knuckle. Not open it up like it was hinged.

The raised hand one sounds promising. If you get your hand cold enough it may help mask the pain of attempting removal. Oh an don't forget the lube. With all the combined efforts it may just work.

Years ago when I was 15/16 I was given my mothers engagement ring. It was 18ct three diamond set. (not sure of the correct term) I very stupidly allowed a friend to try it on and it got stuck. She tried for four days to get it off and eventually went to the fire station and they cut the band on the inside of the palm. The ring remained intact and only needed soldering or whatever it is they do to stick it back together. The setting was fine, none of the diamonds were disturbed. Get a second opinion :)

Good luck

Yeah i intend to. She said theyd cut.it and pull it apart with the pliers! I thought hang on, its not THAT tight lol

Im dieting again.

And now on water reduction tablets which are herbal.

hey hun,

what is the ring made of? and are the diamonds flush with the surface or mounted?

you should be able to cut a "Slit" on the underside of the ring, then using "pliars" sounds worse than you think, slightly open the back of the ring, and to be fair the stones shouldnt fall out unless a extremely large amount of moment occurs but this depends on the way the stones are mounted...