miserable and unhappy

hey hun,

what is the ring made of? and are the diamonds flush with the surface or mounted?

you should be able to cut a "Slit" on the underside of the ring, then using "pliars" sounds worse than you think, slightly open the back of the ring, and to be fair the stones shouldnt fall out unless a extremely large amount of moment occurs but this depends on the way the stones are mounted...

White gold. Tag u in a pic on fb

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, they look like they are set from the back rather than the front. can you remember if there is an indent on the underside where they could of been set?

problem you may find is when they repair the cut white gold has a high melting point 1800ish depending on carat, and although diamond melting point is higher 3000ish, anything after 1000 depending on diamond can "tarnish" the diamond. the diamonds i cant see them falling out, but taking them out could be an option if they cant be protected.

it would be rather costly to have this done obviously,

your ring is the type of thing my friend wants me to make her....so have done some research :)

but i havent looked into how to protect the diamonds so i wish i could offer my help, but not that skilled yet.

speak to another jewellers as i cant see why the stones would fall out unless pull almost straight.

ok, they look like they are set from the back rather than the front. can you remember if there is an indent on the underside where they could of been set?

problem you may find is when they repair the cut white gold has a high melting point 1800ish depending on carat, and although diamond melting point is higher 3000ish, anything after 1000 depending on diamond can "tarnish" the diamond. the diamonds i cant see them falling out, but taking them out could be an option if they cant be protected.

it would be rather costly to have this done obviously,

Ok thanks.toni. Yes i think they are set from the back.

It will cost me almost £200 to get.another the same

Ok thanks.toni. Yes i think they are set from the back.

It will cost me almost £200 to get.another the same

you'll probably find the reason you was told it wouldnt work is because it is probably cheaper to get another ring for the jeweller cause if he messes up it takes time to fix his error and replace any diamonds....

to be honest though, because you will probably need it enlarging its more trouble than its worth to some jewellers, what with the time it will take to cut a piece of white gold, and solder it into the ring on both sides, then clean it up, and polish it, check settings havent been damaged....sorry not making this sound good am i.

see how you go over the next couple of months with the "water tablets" ... xx

you'll probably find the reason you was told it wouldnt work is because it is probably cheaper to get another ring for the jeweller cause if he messes up it takes time to fix his error and replace any diamonds....

to be honest though, because you will probably need it enlarging its more trouble than its worth to some jewellers, what with the time it will take to cut a piece of white gold, and solder it into the ring on both sides, then clean it up, and polish it, check settings havent been damaged....sorry not making this sound good am i.

see how you go over the next couple of months with the "water tablets" ... xx

I was also.told it.could.only.go up 1 size

I have very severe metal allergies, so all of my rings are on a heavy duty beaded necklace that has them laid out like a charm bracelet.

Which would be fine if i could get it off to put it on a chain! Lol