Thinning of Fur

LittleLuka

As soon as i get home i will post a picture but Luka has this once patch on his snout where the fur is like thinning out and i can see his skin. It doesn't look dry or irritated just his fur thinning out to a little bald patch. Any ideas what this is? allergies maybe? i mean i've seen him itch his face but not often!

It looks a little reddish/pinkish - is it so? I truly don't know what it is, especially given that it did come on slowly, and doesn't seem itchy. Any lesions on or near the mouth always bring ZRD (zinc deficiency) to mind, but I really would expect dry, crusty lesions around the lips, if that were the case... If you're concerned, and particularly if there isn't a change for the better (or IS a change for the worse) fairly soon, I guess I'd take him for a visit to the vet...

• 2 weeks later...