should I correct Diamond for this?

mydiamond

Mr. Diamond decided that he's too cool to pee on trees or bushes. He decided to figure out where did his family do their business. But when he found this awkwardly-shaped white bowl (humans call it "toilet" for some reasons) it's a bit too complicated for his genius furry mind to work out. Besides, it's not vertical. So he explored a little further and found this glass door where he sees this evil thing that pours water all over him in the groomer's place. He soon decided that this is the best, much more appropriate place for him to "go" when he's not on walks. Besides, that cruel shower head kept staring down at him and Mr. Diamond doesn't like it. Vengeance and advanced potty training mastered... WIN!!!

OR NOT!! :S Guys I'm not kidding, Diamond pee'd on the shower well not on the shower head he's kind enough doing it right on the drainage but the smell is just UGH! Fortunately this is the bathroom that my family rarely uses but still...... :S really. How smart can these huskies can be??? :S reminds me to diamond's first off-lead run in the house he pooped right beside the toilet thanks little boy that's so kind of you

EDIT: the reason why I ask is because other than me, my family is very pleased ._____.

Edited by mydiamond

No.

Allowing him to do any kind of "business" in the house gives him license to do it elsewhere in the house.

It's only a matter of time before he decides to expand his peeing territory to other parts of the house.

Fortunately he's chosen a place that is easily cleaned and sanitised, however anywhere in the house is a massive no, no

thanks :) back to square one on potty training I guess I wonder how did he do this he has always been banned from the bathroom :S

Probably the scent of human urine.

No matter how "clean" you make any surface a dogs nose is sensitive enough and can scent what has previously been there.

and with a bathroom it's a constant scent.

[MENTION=2850]mydiamond[/MENTION] yep, back to stage one! I agree with Andy on this, you don't want to "give him permission" to relieve himself anywhere in the house ( with the only probable exception being those times when he has no choice - ie being left too long without a potty break )

If that door is left open most of the time ( as most are, the closed door signals that it's in use, no? ) you might want to make sure that the shower doors are closed ( you said that they're glass, so I assume closeable )

Way too much information coming, I know but ... As for the other comment about urine in the shower, I don't know about anyone else, but upon occasion I've stepped into the shower - nice hot running water and found that I have this "urge" and assuming that any traces are going to go down the drain, I've satisfied that urge. It's possible that Diamond is smelling the remains of someone else "satisfying that urge".

Eww so someone had probably peed in your shower to make him want to go there! :P

Eww LOL I'd hate to think about that! :S

@mydiamond yep, back to stage one! I agree with Andy on this, you don't want to "give him permission" to relieve himself anywhere in the house ( with the only probable exception being those times when he has no choice - ie being left too long without a potty break )

If that door is left open most of the time ( as most are, the closed door signals that it's in use, no? ) you might want to make sure that the shower doors are closed ( you said that they're glass, so I assume closeable )

Way too much information coming, I know but ... As for the other comment about urine in the shower, I don't know about anyone else, but upon occasion I've stepped into the shower - nice hot running water and found that I have this "urge" and assuming that any traces are going to go down the drain, I've satisfied that urge. It's possible that Diamond is smelling the remains of someone else "satisfying that urge".

yes the shower door is closable but not the bathroom door :facepalm: I don't know what kind of funny thing went through the architect's mind but all bathrooms in my house are designed to be un-closable from the outside :huskyfall: which is why I always teach Diamond entering the bathroom is a big no no. And yes, Al that's TMI LOL